The judge ordered 50/50 custody for a 3 week old baby

Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 17 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:04 am Give it some time. He'll likely decide he isn't interested in 50/50 when he doesn't sleep since babies this young day every couple of hours or has to pay a ton of money on daycare for an infant when he's at work. Yeah, yeah men are such amazing fathers and get picked on all the time by ball busting women. Not. Some guys are great single fathers but from what I've seen, read and heard about, they are few and far between. Most still seem to not want to deal with babies and young kids when they can push the job off on someone else. I have a feeling we'll be reading about how the CO changed or he only wants the baby for short visits.
EVERY man in my life is an amazing father and 2 have full custody. Your assumptions are sexist and outdated. Like really? I've seen women do far worse than men and women like you are a problem. Fathers can and do the job more than a few here and there, and I am glad this one is getting his daughter. Just because someone gave birth, doesn't mean she's automatically better or in a better spot to raise the baby.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:52 am [*]
agander2017 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:49 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:46 am

Next time you take your child(ren) to the peditrician, ask about secure attachment. Children who aren't able to develop it as infants face have significant psychological issues even as adults.

The difficulty of going to 50/50 when the child is a year or 18 months would be far less detrimental than the back and forth between caregivers now.
:roll: Okay, so maybe the judge should give full custody to the father then. Would that be a better solution?

The judge should give physical custody to the parent who can provide the most stable environment. The other parent should have regular visitation.
Some would argue that baby should stay with mom. I agree the most stable parent should have baby. However, what if both are stable parents, and well established. What happens then?

agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 17 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:04 am Give it some time. He'll likely decide he isn't interested in 50/50 when he doesn't sleep since babies this young day every couple of hours or has to pay a ton of money on daycare for an infant when he's at work. Yeah, yeah men are such amazing fathers and get picked on all the time by ball busting women. Not. Some guys are great single fathers but from what I've seen, read and heard about, they are few and far between. Most still seem to not want to deal with babies and young kids when they can push the job off on someone else. I have a feeling we'll be reading about how the CO changed or he only wants the baby for short visits.
My husband would want 50/50. I don't doubt that at all.

Anonymous 3

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:59 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:52 am [*]
agander2017 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:49 am

:roll: Okay, so maybe the judge should give full custody to the father then. Would that be a better solution?

The judge should give physical custody to the parent who can provide the most stable environment. The other parent should have regular visitation.
Some would argue that baby should stay with mom. I agree the most stable parent should have baby. However, what if both are stable parents, and well established. What happens then?
Then the judge has a tough decision to make choosing which one has physical custody. I think most judges would go with the mother in those circumstances
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Unless mom was born with a silver spoon in her mouth she will be paying daycare as well.

Sounds like you want the dad to fail.
I shit glitter
Anonymous 18

Unread post

i have a feeling 'dad' won't be living up to his responsibilities on this
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 18 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:53 am i have a feeling 'dad' won't be living up to his responsibilities on this
I have a feeling mom won't.
I shit glitter
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Rebeccaraev2 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:17 am
EVERY man in my life is an amazing father and 2 have full custody. Your assumptions are sexist and outdated. Like really? I've seen women do far worse than men and women like you are a problem. Fathers can and do the job more than a few here and there, and I am glad this one is getting his daughter. Just because someone gave birth, doesn't mean she's automatically better or in a better spot to raise the baby.
Yea, f**k biology, science, psychology, and sociology research, because your anecdotal experiences outweighs all of that...
Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:03 am
Yea, f**k biology, science, psychology, and sociology research, because your anecdotal experiences outweighs all of that...
I have a degree in the sciences and so does my husband. There's studies for both sides. Shut it down.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Rebeccaraev2 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:37 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:03 am

I have a degree in the sciences and so does my husband. There's studies for both sides. Shut it down.
So wow me with you systemic reviews and research on the topic, I would be fascinated to see reputable studies. As I have found not seen compelling ones on both sides.

Honestly, I have not seen any historical sociological of fatherhood which are highly powered systemic analyses to even remotely suggest fathers “do a better job” in the infancy time frame.

To clarify, do I think fathers can provide above adequate care during in infancy, absolutely. But infants & toddlers are most at risk for adverse development with changing routines or inconsistent caregivers. And this is exactly what this situation is: inconsistency. I know I am a broken record, but divorce creates life long chronic disease risk. They are literally putting the child at risk for health issues!!! What father or mother of the year does that?

I’m not sure which one decided to cheat, but honestly, that if one or both parent(s) could prioritize the child for a measly second, put aside their anger, ego, &, asshattery, they would coparent in the same house in a non- romantic fashion for the well-being of their child.
Locked Previous topicNext topic