Enter The Robbing Contest For A Chance To Win A Gift Card! viewtopic.php?f=77&t=22075&p=519197#p519197

Little Boy room ideas

User avatar
Dylexsmommy
Regent
Regent
Posts: 4822
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 9:04 am

Unread post Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:06 pm

Hey you lovely ladies I need some ideas.

My YDS (Age 6) will be getting his own room soon. It's about 10x10 room so relatively big for a 6 year old. He'll have a large closet with french doors so no need to think about storage as I'll be able to fit a dresser into the closet and still have room left over to hang up clothes. One window, ceiling fan with lights. He won't have a TV/Computer/Electronics in his room.

I want his room to be like his little oasis. What kind of things would you put in there? Obviously I'll let him pick out his own sheets and curtains, etc but the only idea I have is a reading nook.
What would you do?

ETA: I want his room to be like a playroom so any ideas would be great for playroom activities.
wait for it...
User avatar
Inmybizz
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 7594
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 10:16 am
Location: over here

Unread post Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:16 pm

What does he like? Has he given you any ideas as to what an oasis would be for him?
When my baby girl was 6 she had a very clear idea of what she want her room to look like. Pink explosion, hello kitty and glow in the dark stars.
User avatar
pinkbutterfly66
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 8836
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 9:27 am
Location: Fillory

Unread post Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:21 pm

Ask HIM what he wants then look on Pinterest for ideas. Ask him what color he wants the walls painted. If he comes up with a theme then look online for decals or stencils to maybe paint a mural on the wall for that theme. My daughter, at age 6, had a very clear idea of how she wanted to decorate her room. She wanted the walls purple and a fairy motif. I found fairy wallie clings that went easily on and off the wall without damaging the paint when we moved. I scanned in the pictures off of her flower fairy calendar and printed them out so they looked like they'd been painted and framed them to put on the wall. She put on her bed the fairy quilt I made her.
User avatar
Dylexsmommy
Regent
Regent
Posts: 4822
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 9:04 am

Unread post Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:22 pm

Inmybizz wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:16 pm
What does he like? Has he given you any ideas as to what an oasis would be for him?
When my baby girl was 6 she had a very clear idea of what she want her room to look like. Pink explosion, hello kitty and glow in the dark stars.
He likes cars, like matchbox cars so definitely a little area for him to play with his cars. And I saw this cute mirror with matchbox cars on the edges that I'll do.
wait for it...
User avatar
Dylexsmommy
Regent
Regent
Posts: 4822
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 9:04 am

Unread post Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:26 pm

pinkbutterfly66 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:21 pm
Ask HIM what he wants then look on Pinterest for ideas. Ask him what color he wants the walls painted. If he comes up with a theme then look online for decals or stencils to maybe paint a mural on the wall for that theme. My daughter, at age 6, had a very clear idea of how she wanted to decorate her room. She wanted the walls purple and a fairy motif. I found fairy wallie clings that went easily on and off the wall without damaging the paint when we moved. I scanned in the pictures off of her flower fairy calendar and printed them out so they looked like they'd been painted and framed them to put on the wall. She put on her bed the fairy quilt I made her.
Yeah I've been looking at Pinterest. I'll just sit him down and have him take a look. Past a little reading nook with either a beanbag or a nice kids sized recliner for the reading nook I have no idea.

But alas, he is just a boy. They don't really care about stuff like this. I want it more than he does.
He's be happy sleeping on the floor.
wait for it...
User avatar
pinkbutterfly66
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 8836
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 9:27 am
Location: Fillory

Unread post Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:30 pm

Dylexsmommy wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:26 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:21 pm
Ask HIM what he wants then look on Pinterest for ideas. Ask him what color he wants the walls painted. If he comes up with a theme then look online for decals or stencils to maybe paint a mural on the wall for that theme. My daughter, at age 6, had a very clear idea of how she wanted to decorate her room. She wanted the walls purple and a fairy motif. I found fairy wallie clings that went easily on and off the wall without damaging the paint when we moved. I scanned in the pictures off of her flower fairy calendar and printed them out so they looked like they'd been painted and framed them to put on the wall. She put on her bed the fairy quilt I made her.
Yeah I've been looking at Pinterest. I'll just sit him down and have him take a look. Past a little reading nook with either a beanbag or a nice kids sized recliner for the reading nook I have no idea.

But alas, he is just a boy. They don't really care about stuff like this. I want it more than he does.
He's be happy sleeping on the floor.
What is he into? Dinosaurs? Race Cars? Science? Magic? Bugs? What's his favorite book?
Donnie
Marchioness
Marchioness
Posts: 576
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:12 pm

Unread post Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:31 pm

Bunk beds with a slide. Seriously, I would love that. *he, I meant “he” would love that. ;)
User avatar
Dylexsmommy
Regent
Regent
Posts: 4822
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 9:04 am

Unread post Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:39 pm

pinkbutterfly66 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:30 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:26 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:21 pm
Ask HIM what he wants then look on Pinterest for ideas. Ask him what color he wants the walls painted. If he comes up with a theme then look online for decals or stencils to maybe paint a mural on the wall for that theme. My daughter, at age 6, had a very clear idea of how she wanted to decorate her room. She wanted the walls purple and a fairy motif. I found fairy wallie clings that went easily on and off the wall without damaging the paint when we moved. I scanned in the pictures off of her flower fairy calendar and printed them out so they looked like they'd been painted and framed them to put on the wall. She put on her bed the fairy quilt I made her.
Yeah I've been looking at Pinterest. I'll just sit him down and have him take a look. Past a little reading nook with either a beanbag or a nice kids sized recliner for the reading nook I have no idea.

But alas, he is just a boy. They don't really care about stuff like this. I want it more than he does.
He's be happy sleeping on the floor.
What is he into? Dinosaurs? Race Cars? Science? Magic? Bugs? What's his favorite book?
Curious George, PJ Masks, all retro cartoons like Tom and Jerry, Pink Panther, Looney Toons. He loves music. Enjoys tinkering with stuff, like taking stuff apart.
It's hard because he's mostly an outdoorsy kid.
I can't bring a climbing tree inside. (Or maybe I could...??) How would I make a climbing contraption that I could safely put into his room?
wait for it...
User avatar
Dylexsmommy
Regent
Regent
Posts: 4822
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 9:04 am

Unread post Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:39 pm

Donnie wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:31 pm
Bunk beds with a slide. Seriously, I would love that. *he, I meant “he” would love that. ;)
lol, that would solve my climbing contraption thing. And if my nephew spends the night we'll already have a bed ready.
wait for it...
User avatar
Inmybizz
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 7594
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 10:16 am
Location: over here

Unread post Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:40 pm

Dylexsmommy wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:22 pm
Inmybizz wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:16 pm
What does he like? Has he given you any ideas as to what an oasis would be for him?
When my baby girl was 6 she had a very clear idea of what she want her room to look like. Pink explosion, hello kitty and glow in the dark stars.
He likes cars, like matchbox cars so definitely a little area for him to play with his cars. And I saw this cute mirror with matchbox cars on the edges that I'll do.
I like wall decals..very easy to use and they look really nice.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mom Confessions 2.0”