I am going to take another promotion instead of DH

Anonymous 1

Unread post

DH and I work at the same company. Up until last year we were at the same level. They wanted to promote one of us last year and then the other this year but DH turned down the original promotion. He has decided to turn down the new promotion/raise also. The reason being that if he took the promotion he would get a big raise and that would lead to him paying even more child support. I will be making a lot more money but it also means DH and I wont be working together which is probably both good and bad

I think it is utter BS but he pays BM $800 a month in child support simply because she doesnt work and he does. BM is a "SAHM" to teenagers that arent even there half the time and DH has to help fund that. If he takes the pay raise it would bump his CS up to about $1300 according to the online calculator from our state until SS turns 18 and then it would go down. He doenst think it is worth wasting that money.

When he said no to taking a promotion they offered me one instead. We werent expecting that and I am excited. I kind of feel bad for being excited because I know DH doesnt like it. I think he might resent me a little because of it. I know he is irritated with BM because of it. He thinks it is BS that he even has to worry about it. In a little over a year from now both kids will be 18 and he wont have to worry about it anymore but he still hates being behind where he could be because of his ex wife.

I do wonder what BM is going to do when SS turns 18 and CS is decreased and what she is going to do when SD turns 18 also. She lives off of child support and half of her income will be gone. Oh well not my problem.

I am excited about the new job opportunity but sad that DH even has to worry about stuff like this. You would think after 15 years his ex would have at least attempted to support her own kids but clearly that will never happen.

This was longer than I thought it would be sorry for the long vent. I just get a little worked out thinking about it.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

BM is in for a world of hurt when CS stops in a year. That’s her fault. CS isn’t meant to 100% support your life.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 4

Unread post

800 a month for 2 kids isn't a lot. My Dad paid $1700 a month for me and my brother. I get around 400 for one child and that isn't a lot. I don't blame BM for wanting more. And her lifestyle is noneya. My DH would happily pay more if he had it to pay for his kids.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:50 am 800 a month for 2 kids isn't a lot. My Dad paid $1700 a month for me and my brother. I get around 400 for one child and that isn't a lot. I don't blame BM for wanting more. And her lifestyle is noneya. My DH would happily pay more if he had it to pay for his kids.
Most people in our area do not pay anything for 50/50 so I disagree that it isn't a lot

More money would go to BM not the kids. This way we can know money is actually going straight towards them
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I’d do the same. Congrats.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:44 am BM is in for a world of hurt when CS stops in a year. That’s her fault. CS isn’t meant to 100% support your life.
Exactly! DH wouldn't even mind if he was paying support if she was working and it was just to make things more equal between the houses. That is how it is supposed to work

One year she was awarded more support from another ex husband and she took a vacation by herself instead of with the kids. That is when DH decided he never wanted child support to increase
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Well I hope BM still looks good. She needs to find herself a sugar daddy.
How the f**k does she live off of 800 a month?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:05 pm Well I hope BM still looks good. She needs to find herself a sugar daddy.
She has more kids from other relationships so I'm not sure what she lives off of actually but it is all child support

I'm surprised she hasn't had more kids to keep the money flowing tbh
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:07 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:05 pm Well I hope BM still looks good. She needs to find herself a sugar daddy.
She has more kids from other relationships so I'm not sure what she lives off of actually but it is all child support

I'm surprised she hasn't had more kids to keep the money flowing tbh
Oh, lol.
Makes sense.
Locked Previous topicNext topic