We arent paying for your divorce

Unread post

Early last month I posted about my Mil dragging my family into the middle of her and Fil's divorce. Shortly after that that post dh sat his mother down and told her in no uncertain terms that the next tume she saud anything inappropriate about Fil to any of us that we would no longer be speakung ti her until the divorce was final and if she did it after that we wouldnt be speaking to her at all... Well she decided not to sprak to us starting then. TBH none of us was disappointed in her decision and have been enjoying the silence..Until today......Mil called Dh at work because apparently she has ran out of money to pay for her attorney. She asked him to continue to pay for her attorney. ..Needless to say that was a big f**k no and Dh told her not to ever contact us again
LetHerGo
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I don’t understand I guess. It’s so hard to go through a divorce. It’s so painful. I understand asking not to be in the middle of it but I think compassion is in order.
Uh huh

Unread post

Of course she did... :?
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LetHerGo wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:25 pm I don’t understand I guess. It’s so hard to go through a divorce. It’s so painful. I understand asking not to be in the middle of it but I think compassion is in order.
It's not always painful to go through a divorce, and when it is painful, it's not always equally painful.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Can't say I blame you. The only divorce I'd pay for is my own.
Murrisa

Unread post

Yay! Another my IL's are so evil post.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think you’re full of shit.
Bakingmomma
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

famousglm714 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:09 pm Can't say I blame you. The only divorce I'd pay for is my own.
Ditto

Unread post

LetHerGo wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:25 pm I don’t understand I guess. It’s so hard to go through a divorce. It’s so painful. I understand asking not to be in the middle of it but I think compassion is in order.
She had compassuon until she threw it away. She had been warned many,many tumes about bad mouthing Fil in front of us and putting us in the middle.We explained to her many times that she was being ridiculous with the alienattion tactics and told her the consequences if she continued to do ot. She didn't listen
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would never expect family to fund my legal battles (unless it is offered, and then I'd set up a repayment plan with them). MIL had a lot of nerve guilt tripping your dh like that, especially after trash-talking his father. I don't blame you two for stopping contact.
Locked Previous topicNext topic