I am going to pay for SD to live off of campus and BM doesnt know

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:56 pm I just hope no one in that apartment decides to let their boyfriend stay over or 'move in'. I've had agreements with roommates where no overnight guests are allowed or men allowed to move in. Someone falls in love or lust and that shit falls by the wayside.
That person wouldn't be a stranger though. That's a huge difference
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:41 pm
Pjmm wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:56 pm I just hope no one in that apartment decides to let their boyfriend stay over or 'move in'. I've had agreements with roommates where no overnight guests are allowed or men allowed to move in. Someone falls in love or lust and that shit falls by the wayside.
I have had girls bring a total stranger home. So yeah it can happen. My last roommate moved her idiot bf in after we had an agreement not to do any of that. No guys living with us. We had one bathroom. And it was her name on the lease so I couldn't do much. After that I was like f**k this I'll live in a box if I must but it will be all mine.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:46 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:41 pm
I have had girls bring a total stranger home. So yeah it can happen. My last roommate moved her idiot bf in after we had an agreement not to do any of that. No guys living with us. We had one bathroom. And it was her name on the lease so I couldn't do much. After that I was like f**k this I'll live in a box if I must but it will be all mine.
She knows her roommates boyfriend well. I don't think she would mind living with him. He'd have to be on the lease though if he was there more that 5 nights a month per the lease.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:00 pm That contract between roommates usually becomes null and void by the 4th night. :lol:
That is why there is a contract with the apartment complex
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Thanks for telling us you made a decision.
I shit glitter
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That’s what matters to YOU. For HER, her parents thoughts and opinions matter more than yours and will always matter more, no matter how hard you keep trying to make her like you better. She will grow up and mature at some point and realize YOU are the reason for any strain or resentment with her parents, because you couldn’t respect their opinions. So what you have to do as a supposed “responsible” adult is to respect those thoughts and opinions and butt out and let her housing situation be between her and her parents. You have absolutely zero place in that equation.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:33 pm
Shell7m wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:31 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:17 am

I have every right to do it. This is a decision made between me and an adult who won't be living at home. Not sure why that's so hard for people to understand. Her parents have no say here only SD
Even when shes 50, she will STILL be THEIR child. Which means their thoughts and opinions out rank yours... ALWAYS.
You need to stay out of it.
No. Her thoughts and opinion is what matters. That is the only thing that outranks anything. Adults are able to make their own choices

Also if BMs thoughts and opinions outrank mine why is SD moving out into an apartment? That doesnt even make sense
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Iffrinn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Shell7m wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:04 am You have no right to do that!
Her PARENTS have said no and that should be it.
I have every right to do it. This is a decision made between me and an adult who won't be living at home. Not sure why that's so hard for people to understand. Her parents have no say here only SD
Even when shes 50, she will STILL be THEIR child. Which means their thoughts and opinions out rank yours... ALWAYS.
Their thoughts outrank the Op's according to who?? Do you always, in every situation, give more weight to the opinion of your parents than you give to anyone else's opinion? Even your own?
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I can't believe I read the whole thread just to know what I knew with the original post: this SM is going to do what she wants no matter what so this was never a question, for those keeping score SM 1, BM 0 and that means SM got her win!! Well done, great job. Why should parents matter anyway? SM for the win!
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I dont think its a big deal to live off of campus. I do see her mothers point. However, karma is a bitch, dear heart.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Even my own? Sometimes. I have changed my mind after my parents give me good arguments and since I trust their bigger experience, I do consider it.

And certainly above everyone else’s. The only people I trust to only want what’s best for me are my parents. Other people can have selfish reasons and agendas, like OP does. My parents don’t. I will never doubt that my parents always want my well being. That doesn’t mean they can’t be wrong, of course. We all make mistakes. But that’s when my previous comment applies: I listen to their reasons and then decide if they have a point or not.

And then I make my choices with the resources I have. If this delicate snowflake want her own apartment and the parents don’t think it’s a good idea and won’t contribute to that financially, then she has a choice: get a job and pay for it or take the free accommodations and make the best of it, like any mature adult who can’t have all they want does. I may not live in the house of my dreams or drive the car I want, but then I learn to appreciate what I do have and make the best of my circumstances. If they were that unbearable, then I would take control and find myself a way to get what I want, I don’t go around whining to other to just give me what I want.

And if that’s a lesson that mother wanted to teach her daughter, then it’s not OPs place to disrespect that opinion and cater to her whims. We all agree, the daughter is free to choose, that doesn’t that what she wants is feasible. And in order to determine that she has go to her parents and discuss with THEM the situation, respect their decision, since she apparently is still financially dependent on others and when she tried to lure OP into giving her what she wants, OP should have respected both her parents’ opinion and the fact that this choice is between her and her parents, she has no place in that equation. Her parents do still have a saying since she isn’t an independent, self sufficient adult yet. She has to make her choice with what they offer. OP had no business interfering in that.

Iffrinn wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:31 am

Their thoughts outrank the Op's according to who?? Do you always, in every situation, give more weight to the opinion of your parents than you give to anyone else's opinion? Even your own?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic