Reaching out to “family”

Anonymous 1

Unread post

How many times would you reach out if you are continuously ignored? I don’t talk to my father or anyone on his side of the family. My cousins, my fathers older children (whom I’ve never met) my aunts and my stepmother reach out to me in some way every year. I’ve never responded for 15 years & will never respond.

Wouldn’t you have given up?
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't chase people down.
I shit glitter
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would have tried once or twice then quit. It’s kind of rude to keep bothering you
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Maybe they believe that as long as they keep trying they have a chance that one day you’ll respond. Or they keep trying, knowing you won’t respond so they can talk about how unreasonable/rude/ungrateful/insert your own word you are being. Some people get off on that one-sided drama.
Sassyfrass01
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I would of gave up after the 2nd time.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Was there a falling out and they're trying to make amends or apologize?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:52 am Was there a falling out and they're trying to make amends or apologize?
No, I never really knew them well & after I was done with my father, I was done with them too
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:58 am
Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:52 am Was there a falling out and they're trying to make amends or apologize?
No, I never really knew them well & after I was done with my father, I was done with them too
If it was someone that I cared for and missed, someone who I felt was missing from the family, I might keep trying.
There was no definitive falling out to end the relationship, so they can't point to any reason for them being ignored. They may be confused. Where there's breath there's hope, so I can see hanging on to the thought that someone's heart might soften, when there's no clear reason for them to have cut off contact.

If it disturbs you that they continue to reach out, I'd speak to one of them and tell them you're not interested and end it.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Deleted User 638

Unread post

I would respect your wishes and leave you alone. To keep contacting you after you've made it clear you don't want it is harassment.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

3 times max
Locked Previous topicNext topic