Y'all some savage bitches! Part 2

Deleted User 172

Unread post

Lol.
Anyway I wasn't going to say anything because (see title) but I think it will help me if I do.
I also considered doing this anon but you know what? I think telling will help.
I've been a smoker my entire adult life.
When I found the lump in my breast it seemed kind of stupid to be a smoker and possibly have cancer. So while I was at the doctors getting checked out I asked for Chantix. Turns out Chantix is very expensive (about 500 a month) and I would need to take it minimum 2 months.
So I found something else.
I've been taking bupropion sr, which I guess is the generic wellbutrin. It's supposed to take it for 2 weeks to let it build up in my system before I officially quit smoking.

Its known to help quit smoking by reducing the pleasure effect of the nicotine in my brain. And it also blocks the nicotine receptors or something like that.
I've been taking it for about a week now. And I can say without a doubt this medicine helps. I'm starting to get grossed out by the smell. When I do light up I feel no pleasure from it. Its like it's a chore now instead of relief.
Anyway. That's my confession.
Say whatever you want about me. I'm not worried about the haters, but if someone wants to hold me accountable please do.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I am glad it is helping you, and hope eventually you will stop smoking for good.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Great!!! My friend was a heavy smoker for years and thought she would never be able to quit. She took chantix and I think by the 3rd month she had fully quit. I’m happy for anyone that can kick that habit.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Good luck!
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Good luck!
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:18 pm Great!!! My friend was a heavy smoker for years and thought she would never be able to quit. She took chantix and I think by the 3rd month she had fully quit. I’m happy for anyone that can kick that habit.
I feel like the physical addiction is almost gone. The cigarette doesn't taste the way it used to and I'm like wtf while I'm holding it.
It's going to be breaking the actually habit that's gonna be hard.
Did your friend have any tricks to help with the hand to mouth habit?
Deleted User 172

Unread post

cellomom26 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:14 pm I am glad it is helping you, and hope eventually you will stop smoking for good.
Thank you and me too.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My SO is a HEAVY smoker and he's trying to become healthy so I will mention this post to him and hope it will help. Good luck on your journey!
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:20 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:18 pm Great!!! My friend was a heavy smoker for years and thought she would never be able to quit. She took chantix and I think by the 3rd month she had fully quit. I’m happy for anyone that can kick that habit.
I feel like the physical addiction is almost gone. The cigarette doesn't taste the way it used to and I'm like wtf while I'm holding it.
It's going to be breaking the actually habit that's gonna be hard.
Did your friend have any tricks to help with the hand to mouth habit?
Idk. I’ll ask her. I know she said cigs didn’t taste the same, she got no pleasure from smoking. It got to a point she didn’t think about it or have a desire to smoke.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:23 pm My SO is a HEAVY smoker and he's trying to become healthy so I will mention this post to him and hope it will help. Good luck on your journey!
Thank you!
Tell him I just sat in 5 o'clock bumper to bumper traffic and didn't even want to smoke a cigarette the entire time.
Locked Previous topicNext topic