It's been almost 8 months and I'm still angry

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

I’m still angry over things that happened 20 years ago. So I’m no help. Good luck
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:33 am
Linda_Runs wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:09 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:06 am I'd need more time than 8 months, to be honest.
I understand that. If it is serious enough, there is a process we have to go through first or we won't truly forgive the person.
It was one of the most insulting and hurtful things that's ever happened to me. And the person kept trying to make it better, but everything that was done and said just made it worse.
It's not fair to them, because I know they're genuinely sorry. But even through that I know that the betrayal was real. The REASON behind it was real. That's never going to change.
Thank you very much for sharing. I do understand and appreciate how you feel.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Bubbs wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:54 am I’m still angry over things that happened 20 years ago. So I’m no help. Good luck
Me too!
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

I'm with you. Once someone betrays me, I'm done. I really have no desire to interact with someone who's been disloyal to me. If they do it once, it'll likely happen again. It's not that I hate them. I'm just ambivalent and they pretty much immediately cease to exist to me.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 3

Valentina, I swear you are my twin!
Valentina327 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 3:58 pm I'm with you. Once someone betrays me, I'm done. I really have no desire to interact with someone who's been disloyal to me. If they do it once, it'll likely happen again. It's not that I hate them. I'm just ambivalent and they pretty much immediately cease to exist to me.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Anger often comes from a place of extreme hurt. Feeling betrayed by someone you trusted in a hurtful way damages your heart and how you see that person. Allow yourself to grieve the relationship that was, realize this person is human and has acknowledged making a mistake and deeply regrets it, then allow your heart to heal. Sometimes it’s not immediately about forgiveness, sometimes it’s just about slowly letting go of the anger. Forgiveness may or may not come after that but either way, you will get to a better place by letting go of the anger piece by piece.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 4:14 pm Valentina, I swear you are my twin!
Valentina327 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 3:58 pm I'm with you. Once someone betrays me, I'm done. I really have no desire to interact with someone who's been disloyal to me. If they do it once, it'll likely happen again. It's not that I hate them. I'm just ambivalent and they pretty much immediately cease to exist to me.
LOL
Glad there's another one out there!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Anonymous 3

Yes. You're a good one! It'd be OK if there were more than one of you!
Valentina327 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 4:21 pm
LOL
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:09 pm Yes. You're a good one! It'd be OK if there were more than one of you!
Valentina327 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 4:21 pm

LOL
That was very sweet #3! Thank you for the smile! :)
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Locked Previous topicNext topic