BM is angry that the kids have to do chores

Unread post

She says it is unfair for her kids to do chores at our house. She thinks that because they are only here half the time they shouldnt be required to help clean

She says my kids should do all the chores because they live here full time. She thinks they should have to pick up after her kids.

Each day the kids are in charge of one or two chores. Dishes, laundry, taking the trash out, feeding the dog, etc. They are also responsible for cleaning up after themselves.

BM doesnt want any of that to happen. She even demanded that DH and I stop making the kids do chores. She has flat out told the kids they do not have to do anything.

She doesnt have to agree with it but undermining our rules is not okay, we would not do that to her.

DH has told her that she needs to stop telling the kids not to listen to him and that they will continue to help out in a house they live in. It isnt like we expect them to come over and clean up since the last time they were here. Everyone works together to make sure the house is clean every day

I never thought chores would ever be an issue. It is all ridiculous
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Hahahahahahahaaaaa,

My kids and step kids do chores no matter how much they're here. I have an almost 18 year old step son who helps us do major projects when he's here. Sometimes we pay him, sometimes we don't.

I would expect my ex husband to have them do chores when they kids are with them as well, as he see fits.

Besides, HALF the time is a lot. With the same logic, a child whose parents share custody should do no chores at all.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Sorry but I'm not buying. The line about her saying your kids should have to pick up after yours put it over the top.
eyes4ears
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I agree with you.
AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

"Everybody else's mom" keeps trying to take up residence in my house. My 13-year-old tries very hard to convince us that no one else at her whole school has to do chores, and we are so mean for expecting her to help out around the house. According to her, all of her friends spend every waking moment on the phone, are given more than a hundred dollars a month in allowance, and they never get in trouble for anything. I really don't like everybody else's mom. She kinda sucks. LOL

BM has no business dictating what happens in your home.
You might be a king or a lowly street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.
RedBottoms

Unread post

BM has no say in what happens at your house. Why are you even talking to her? Why is DH even talking to her? All communications should only be through a family wizard type app so its logged and recorded and can be turned over to the court.
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I never believe these posts. There can definitely be drama with BM or BD but come on. This is too much. She thinks your kids should pick up after her kids? Suuuuuuure🙄
“Nevertheless, she persisted.”
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: ↑Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:47 pm Sorry but I'm not buying. The line about her saying your kids should have to pick up after yours put it over the top.
These posts are obviously fake because there isn’t one tiny reasonable speck in them. It’s BM being 110% the worst, most unreasonable person in the world and 110% SM and her husband trying their hardest and having to deal with it.

Make it a little realistic lol.
“Nevertheless, she persisted.”
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You have NO idea.
wildflowers25 wrote: ↑Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:47 pm Sorry but I'm not buying. The line about her saying your kids should have to pick up after yours put it over the top.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Sorry you're letting this ruin your day.
I shit glitter
Locked Previous topicNext topic