One of my best friends died today.

Sweetpea
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

I am so devastated. I met one of my best friends at work six years ago. It was funny as heck when after a year of working there I found out he was my neighbor. I saw him walking his dog in my neighborhood. Long story short, we had a blast at work (he had a blast with everyone), he talked about his wife, kids, grandkids, etc. all of the time. He was the perfect person. He had us laughing all of the time because of his subtle sense of humor. His wife was/is ill and so he would make sure to take her to all of her appointments. Well, he drank and she smoked. They made a deal where they both quit their vices. That was about three or four months ago. Paul loved bike riding. That was his release. Today he was killed in a bike riding accident. He is going to be missed so much by everyone. I can't even comprehend this. He was like the perfect friend, husband, grandpa. I spoke with his wife for awhile today and she is so thankful for her church friends. I live right around the corner so hopefully I can be some help to to her as well. I am so shocked at this.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am so sorry. I am glad he was able to be a blessing your life for six years. And I am sad he no longer will be here.

I lost a friend and co-worker unexpectedly in February. I had no idea the impact it would have. I still cry when I think about him. I hope you find comfort.
Sweetpea
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:38 pm I am so sorry. I am glad he was able to be a blessing your life for six years. And I am sad he no longer will be here.

I lost a friend and co-worker unexpectedly in February. I had no idea the impact it would have. I still cry when I think about him. I hope you find comfort.
Thank you so very much. I'm sorry for your loss as well.
Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Awe, I'm truly sorry about your friend :( He sounds like a great guy, I'm so sorry.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So sorry to hear about your friend.
I lost my brother suddenly 7 mos ago. I still can't believe he's gone.
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Terrible. I'm so sorry.
Crumpy
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Omg I'm so sorry
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:41 pm So sorry to hear about your friend.
I lost my brother suddenly 7 mos ago. I still can't believe he's gone.
OMG, I'm so sorry. My oldest brother is like a best friend. I can't imagine.

OP, I'm very sorry for your loss.
lalaballet
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I’m so sorry. My uncle was like that and unexpectedly died last month. It’s hard and it’s good that you’re so close for his wife to talk to if she needs.
Sweetpea
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

Thank you. I can't even explain how awesome he was. I think it was just his sense of humor and love of life. He was able to go part time a couple of years ago due to his age and getting medicare. You'd have thought he was 50 though in his antics, lol. We'd have a meeting and our boss would tell the part timers they could work over if they wanted, and Paul would turn his back on her. He wasn't being rude though, it was funny as hell. I can't believe he is gone. Such a great person.
Spookly wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:40 pm Awe, I'm truly sorry about your friend :( He sounds like a great guy, I'm so sorry.
Locked Previous topicNext topic