Is not speaking to someone disrespectful ?

Bakingmomma
Marchioness
Marchioness

This
AnnieArk wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:33 pm It depends on the reason for not speaking.

Guest wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:57 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:52 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:49 pm If two people have mutually agreed that they are better off not speaking, I wouldn't consider that disrespectful toward each other. However, it is disrespectful of them to put anyone else in the middle. And if they're living together, they are probably putting the rest of the household in the middle in some way or another.

I don’t feel in the middle. I would prefer that they talked, I cannot force it.
I think it would be nearly impossible for their lack of communication not to cause some tension or create uncomfortable situations for you or others around them.
Not as much as you would think unfortunately. They don’t try to communicate through people, they have no need.
RedBottoms

SeekingPeace wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:28 pm Oh! I remember you telling me the story about your mom. :(
I can totally see why you would have resented your mom and then also your step dad.
I wonder if original poster's son ever liked HIS step dad.
Original Poster, if you read this, did your son, at one time, LIKE your husband?
Thanks for responding, RedBottoms! :)
RedBottoms wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:04 pm
SeekingPeace wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:01 pm Hey, Redbottoms. I agree...that you can't force love. But if a person with children opts to remarry, do you think that person should at least try to help foster a relationship between their child and the new step parent?

well in my honest opinion they should not remarry unless the kid and the new stepparent have a good relationship. But my mom married my stepfather without giving a shit what I thought or felt about it. And then after she did that- any attempts by her to make me like him etc were highly fought by me because she already screwed the pooch by marrying him in the first place without my blessing. So there is that.
I have over time learned to like and even love my Stepdad. But we really are not "Close". We don't have much in common and I still have some resentment issues. But he is the best Pop-pop to my kids I could ask for so for that reason alone he is special now to me
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Redbottoms, that is so great that he's such a good PopPop to your kids! This response made me smile! :D
RedBottoms wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:44 pm
SeekingPeace wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:28 pm Oh! I remember you telling me the story about your mom. :(
I can totally see why you would have resented your mom and then also your step dad.
I wonder if original poster's son ever liked HIS step dad.
Original Poster, if you read this, did your son, at one time, LIKE your husband?
Thanks for responding, RedBottoms! :)
RedBottoms wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:04 pm

well in my honest opinion they should not remarry unless the kid and the new stepparent have a good relationship. But my mom married my stepfather without giving a shit what I thought or felt about it. And then after she did that- any attempts by her to make me like him etc were highly fought by me because she already screwed the pooch by marrying him in the first place without my blessing. So there is that.
I have over time learned to like and even love my Stepdad. But we really are not "Close". We don't have much in common and I still have some resentment issues. But he is the best Pop-pop to my kids I could ask for so for that reason alone he is special now to me
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

SeekingPeace wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:38 pm I believe that it's ignorant to enter a dwelling and not say hello to any person you come in contact with.

RealisticBeauty wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:44 pm yup. My SO dd use to walk into our home without speaking to me and I told him that its unacceptable
I agree
Locked Previous topicNext topic