Alabama Public Television refuses to air Arthur episode with gay wedding

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Alabama Public Television chose not to air PBS’s Arthur episode that included a same-S*x marriage.

In the episode, which aired nationwide May 13, Arthur and his friends attend their beloved teacher Mr. Ratburn’s nuptials to his partner.

APT preempted the episode by showing a re-run of Arthur.

https://www.al.com/news/2019/05/alabama ... dding.html
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Alabama, trying to ensure the next generation will be as ignorant as they are.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Fortunately, Alabama's kids could still watch it live streaming on PBS.org.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I really hope The Children's network takes Alabama's station to task over this. I always supposed PBS and NPR to be open minded, educational and neutral when it came to politics. Apparently not and I visualize Mr Rogers, who was never afraid to tackle difficult subjects, turning over in his grave. I understand he had a different show but nonetheless.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:12 pm I really hope The Children's network takes Alabama's station to task over this. I always supposed PBS and NPR to be open minded, educational and neutral when it came to politics. Apparently not and I visualize Mr Rogers, who was never afraid to tackle difficult subjects, turning over in his grave. I understand he had a different show but nonetheless.
I think Alabama Public TV also refused to air the "Busters Postcards" episode with a same S*x couple. Alabama either has an LGBTQ problem or a rat/aardvark/bunny problem.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:11 pm
Pjmm wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:12 pm I really hope The Children's network takes Alabama's station to task over this. I always supposed PBS and NPR to be open minded, educational and neutral when it came to politics. Apparently not and I visualize Mr Rogers, who was never afraid to tackle difficult subjects, turning over in his grave. I understand he had a different show but nonetheless.
I think Alabama Public TV also refused to air the "Busters Postcards" episode with a same S*x couple. Alabama either has an LGBTQ problem or a rat/aardvark/bunny problem.
I think it's more of a "cartoons-shouldn't-have-any-place-showing-such-controversial-content".

I guess everyone would be okay if the next episode featured a pro-life message.
KAG
Mean Girl
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Idk what that episode is. We haven't watched PBS cartoons in years. Alabama needs a foot up its ass though and then dragged kicking and screaming out of the nineteenth century. Kids aren't stupid. Ffs I knew eight year olds that played GTA and knew as much about S*x as I do. How many have seen their parents watch Family Guy or the evening news? Hello you're not telling them anything they don't already know and you're giving rednecks a worse name than they already got.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

morgan wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:19 pm
I think it's more of a "cartoons-shouldn't-have-any-place-showing-such-controversial-content".

There are almost 1 million same S*x married couples in the US. Why is that controversial?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

morgan wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:19 pm

But they do. Mr Rogers and Sesame Street has discussed autism, disability, racial issues (subtly), death. Those are all controversial issues. Why not gay rights especially when there are families with gay members in them? We have a gay relative Who married recently and I know two other families with lesbian mothers and one with a gay father. None of this is hidden.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I can imagine it now:

Arthur's menopausal mom has a hormone surge which results in an accidental pregnancy at an advanced age. After praying on it together as a family, they decide to baby anyway, because they believe all God's creations are wanted.

LMAO that show wouldn't last a day.
KAG
Mean Girl
Locked Previous topicNext topic