SM hates that DD makes more money and she is demanding she pay rent

Anonymous 1

Unread post

DD is 19 nearly 20. She just started working as an RN. She is currently in a bachelors degree program. She graduated a few months ago with her associates degree in nursing and passed the NCLEX

DD has been living at her dads house because it is right down the street from her school and the hospital. She comes to my house a lot on her weekends though. She has a room in both houses. Nurses make really good money in our area. She has more than enough money to support herself but my ex and I told her she could still live at either of our houses until she gets her bachelors degree so she can save up money.

I am not sure how much SM makes but I cant imagine it is much. DD has been telling me that SM was jealous of how much money she was making. I always thought she was just being silly or something, I couldnt imagine SM actually being jealous of that.

She admitted she was jealous in a very embarrassing way. She freaked out at DD in the middle of the dinner table. She was saying that she cant believe she is jealous of a teenager. That she hated that a teenager could make more than she did. That if DD wants to live there she needed to pay rent. That it wasnt fair that others were struggling while she got to blow her money

She stormed off and isnt talking to DD at all right now. DD says she thinks she will apologize but I am still surprised that any of that happened. My ex makes a lot of money so I know no one is struggling.

I know in the end it isnt any of my business and I am not going to bring it up to SM or anything. I just dont see why she wouldnt be happy for DD.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Cool
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

ok.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If she doesn't want to pay rent, then she can just live with you.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I hope your dd is saving money and not blowing. It would bother me if a 20 year old was living me and blowing money instead of saving to get her own place.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

SM isn't happy.
And she's jealous, too.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ok, Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you need a bachelors degree to be an RN?
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:14 pm Ok, Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you need a bachelors degree to be an RN?
You can work as an rn with an associates degree I know several who do and did. A bachelors degree looks better though.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:14 pm Ok, Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you need a bachelors degree to be an RN?
No. You need to graduate from an accredited nursing school (ADM, BSN, or diploma program) and pass the NCLEX.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Nope. You can have an associates degree. Some hospitals require a bachelors degree but not all.
Locked Previous topicNext topic