at least he tried right?

Anonymous 5

Unread post

My dh would have managed. The clothes likely wouldn't match but hey he would do it!
Shell7m
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lol, my husband would have figured it out without bugging me.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

My hubs was involved right from birth. He changed diapers, he dressed the kid, he bathed the kid, he fed the kid. But yeah, kudos for him for trying. He'll get better with practice. Tell him as long as the kid has a diaper and appropriate weather clothes (short and tshirt for hot weather; long pants, long sleeve shirt and a jacket, hat or coat) then he's good. Tell him to not to worry so much about what 'matches' or not.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

HaggardWitch wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:58 am I'm afraid you were played in the oldest trick men use on women--pretend to be incompetent so she will do it. Then when she gets angry, he gets angry because at least he tried.
I know that trick and I really wish that was the case with my SO. His anxiety kicked in and made him uncertain about everything.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:44 am Eh, mine rarely cared for any of our kids when they were you g like that. Older he was fabulous with them but when young he was always afraid of doing something wrong.

Not everyone is perfect at everything or will always feel confident about everything, even their own kids.
My SO already admitted he was better with older kids
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

DH has always been a capable father. When he lets me sleep in, I sleep in. When he takes the kids somewhere, he doesn’t need help. He took the little ones on vacation for over a week by himself a while ago (one is 3, the other was 9 months or so). DS14 and I are leaving for 10 days next month, and I have no concerns.

Society previously had lower expectations for men, but that tide is turning. Men aren’t somehow less capable, we just enable them to act that way.
Locked Previous topicNext topic