at least he tried right?

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

HaggardWitch wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:58 am I'm afraid you were played in the oldest trick men use on women--pretend to be incompetent so she will do it. Then when she gets angry, he gets angry because at least he tried.
"You do it. You do it better"
How do women not see through that yet? LOL
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:20 am
HaggardWitch wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:58 am I'm afraid you were played in the oldest trick men use on women--pretend to be incompetent so she will do it. Then when she gets angry, he gets angry because at least he tried.
There's a flip side here too. If Dad had put the child in a Winnie the Pooh top with Mickey Mouse pants and a pair of socks that were too big, it would have been "wrong" according to many mothers, and there could even be some degree of ridicule/ sarcasm/overreaction in the man's future.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:27 am
Valentina327 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:20 am
There's a flip side here too. If Dad had put the child in a Winnie the Pooh top with Mickey Mouse pants and a pair of socks that were too big, it would have been "wrong" according to many mothers, and there could even be some degree of ridicule/ sarcasm/overreaction in the man's future.
LOL Very true!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This is really sad. My husband doesn’t have any kids and is perfectly capable of taking care of one.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Eh, mine rarely cared for any of our kids when they were you g like that. Older he was fabulous with them but when young he was always afraid of doing something wrong.

Not everyone is perfect at everything or will always feel confident about everything, even their own kids.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I always preferred to let him figure it out, and if the kid ended up dressed in something I wouldn't have put on it wasnt like that really mattered. Otherwise I think you create learned helplessness. He'll figure it out if he has to, and next time will be better able to figure it out again. I hope you got to go back to sleep.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:50 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:37 am
RealisticBeauty wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:28 am
He leaves for work way too early to do the morning routine. He also knows where everything is but he's just not confident enough to chose something for him to wear. It's just easier for me to leave everything out and in order if I want to sleep in.
Ignore perfect Lena and her perfect circus, hehe
Hey did try but tell him next time to give you a little notice so you can set everything out or make a detailed list for him.
Yes I noticed she's Mrs perfect. I'm definitely preparing everything next time because it would be nice to be sleeping in right now.
I'm with her. Maybe for your SO who has autism it's different but for my ex I'd probably yell for God's sake figure it out I want to sleep here! I just said it to my boys last night who were trying to cook something. If I can figure out clothes, tablespoons to ounces and other household chores anyone can. I'm not a genius.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:19 am
RealisticBeauty wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:49 am SO wanted to do something nice for me so he said he's taking ds with him to Home depot while I sleep in. He took ds in the livingroom with him and I kid you not, he came back into the bedroom 5 times to ask me questions. Did I change his pamper? Where is his clothes? where is his socks? where is his shoes? should he feed him before they leave? Now I'm wide awake. I'm grateful for his act of kindness but us Mother's would've handled things differently if we were "letting" dad sleep in, dad would've actually got to sleep in. Right or wrong?
Literally, it was a moment like this that I went back to waitressing. I stopped teaching to stay at home and my daughter was maybe 6 or 7 months old. My husband was terrific...he was very much involved in all aspects of childcare. But he often asked me for, I dunno...confirmation? "Should I make the bottle with 6 or 8 ounces? And we're still using the prune juice? Should I use the Desitin or the Vaseline? Do you want the Winnie the Pooh sleeper or the light blue on her?" And so on.

And I realized that I had become Parent Prime. So I went back to work from 5-11 three nights a week, giving him full authority and opportunity to make any and all decisions. Lord, I hated the waitressing again, but the money was sweet!
This is exactly us! I have not gone back to work yet but DH is the same. He is more worried about what I'll think of the job he's doing then whether he can or not, if that makes sense! He is more than capable but wants to make sure he is doing everything by my book. And the funniest thing is, I don't care! I'm never on his case about it. I guess he just needs more confidence.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

You consider that trying? I would never be with a man who cant do simple tasks.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Maybe it's because my husband never really did anything like that, but that doesn't sound like he tried to me. If he had actually tried he'd have done his best getting him ready and then just gone out. Not expect every detail of what to do be spoonfed to him. Is he not allowed to help with the kid much or something? I just can't understand it I guess.
Locked Previous topicNext topic