Are these allowed on planes?

EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'd suggest wrapping it in large style bubble wrap before putting it in your carry-on or checked luggage. And yes, the airline should be able to tell you but I can't think why it would be a problem.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:56 am Check with the airlines. I wouldn’t think it would be a problem.
How did you customize the dish?
I plan to etch it
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:42 am
Inmybizz wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:56 am Check with the airlines. I wouldn’t think it would be a problem.
How did you customize the dish?
I plan to etch it
Cool!! I want to see it. Post a pic when you finish it.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

As long as it fits inside your carry on and it meets the airlines weight & dimensions guidelines, I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to bring it on the plane.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Should be fine but DON'T WRAP IT until you get to your destination.

I feel I should clarify since someone suggested wrapping it in bubble wrap, etc. That's should be fine but don't wrap it in gift wrapping paper, etc. Whatever you wrap it in for transport make sure it can be unwrapped easily in case it needs to be checked. Do your GIFT wrapping when you get to your destination.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:05 pm Should be fine but DON'T WRAP IT until you get to your destination.

I feel I should clarify since someone suggested wrapping it in bubble wrap, etc. That's should be fine but don't wrap it in gift wrapping paper, etc. Whatever you wrap it in for transport make sure it can be unwrapped easily in case it needs to be checked. Do your GIFT wrapping when you get to your destination.
Oh good point thanks I wouldn't have thought of that. I'll probably put it back in the box it comes in.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:28 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:05 pm Should be fine but DON'T WRAP IT until you get to your destination.

Oh good point thanks I wouldn't have thought of that. I'll probably put it back in the box it comes in.
I've got a friend that works TSA, Holidays are especially notorious for then having to unwrap presents because it's a toy that has batteries installed in it already, etc. They generally don't remove items from the boxes completely but they do open boxes on occasion to check items. Gift wrapping is almost like a big neon sign for them to have to check the item. They hate having to do it too.
Locked Previous topicNext topic