What would your response be?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Let's say your dd and my dd are best friends. Both are sophomores in high school. My dd comes to me with screenshots of a conversation between the two girls. Your dd is telling my dd that she is meeting up with a guy she met on Instagram and wants to use my dd as a cover. My dd is super worried so she brings it to me.

I send you the screenshots of the conversation. I let you know that my dd is worried about your dd and the fact that she is meeting up with some guy.

What would your response to me be?
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

"I got your message" that is all. The rest is between me and my daughter.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:51 pm "I got your message" that is all. The rest is between me and my daughter.
That is a totally appropriate response.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

My response would be, "Thanks for sharing with me."

(And then I'd be having a long conversation with my daughter.)

Let me guess...She flipped out at you?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:02 pm My response would be, "Thanks for sharing with me."

She didn't flip out. She just said "oh". Nothing else. I just thought it was odd. I would have said Thanks for letting me know or something along those lines. Not just Oh.

DD said her friend is acting as if nothing happened. The girl asked if DD would still cover for her. DD said no.

I don't know what to do at this point.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:04 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:02 pm My response would be, "Thanks for sharing with me."

She didn't flip out. She just said "oh". Nothing else. I just thought it was odd. I would have said Thanks for letting me know or something along those lines. Not just Oh.

DD said her friend is acting as if nothing happened. The girl asked if DD would still cover for her. DD said no.

Does your daughter know WHERE they are meeting up?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'd do nothing. You told the mom. You can't tell what she's feeling by her response. She could be shocked, disbelieving, or not have time to say more who knows? I'd be pleased my dd won't cover for her. The rest is between mom and this girl.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Thank you for telling me.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

There really isn't any more that you can do. Your daughter did the right thing. You did the right thing. And now, it's in this girl's mom's hands.

How old did you say this girl is?

SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm glad your DD had the sense to tell an adult. You and your daughter did your part. The rest is up to this girl's mother. I really hope she stays on top of it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic