Best comment you've ever seen on a report card?

Deleted User 1039

Unread post

My aunts old report card from 6th grade or so. We found it at my grandmas. It said something about her needing to focus more and stop hitting boys with her purse. Lol!!
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:45 pm My mom once put “Junior needs to focus more on the lesson by picking his nose less frequently in class.”

The eighties were a different time, lol.
Oh dear. That must have been pretty distracting for her. Me...I work with 2-5 year olds and have been for a long time. I usually don't even notice unless they're 2 knuckles deep. Or working both nostrils at once.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:32 pm My middle son brought one home that said "I'd recommend him for the advance classes if he could stop talking long enough for his friends to learn something." 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
Oh geez...that was my brother. He never missed a day of school either. Motor mouthed all day every day.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:21 am I once had a teacher basically write that a student (I was a teacher's aide for this girl) was useless and worthless and wouldn't amount to much. (He was transferred at the end of the year - but it was 2001, still 'fine' for teachers to bully students). The mother saw through the jargon and bs terms and wrote back something along the lines of "I feel like (daughter) would have learnt a lot more this year if she was taught by a teacher and not an abusive prick". The reason I remember it, was because I was her aide from K - 8 (small school) and I was not a fan of this teacher at all as he would constantly gaslight her (not as known back then) and twist all her stories around. Caught him at it once, and he lied to the point where she believed him and told me *I* was wrong about what I heard. He would often take away this girls time with me out of 'punishment' and then I found out after he left, that he would sit her at the back of the room away from the other kids and encourage everyone to laugh at her. He told her that nobody liked her...Took about a year to get her to trust me again. But my god did I hug the mother when she brought the report card to me.
It's a crazy world we're living in.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

msgme wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:31 am It wasn’t on the report card. The report cards had a list the teacher could choose from. But in person he actually said “it’s okay she’s a girl”. It was her 7th grade math teacher. She had an 84 average in his class.
Wow...this post isn't going at all as I'd expected! That's nuts.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:38 am My aunts old report card from 6th grade or so. We found it at my grandmas. It said something about her needing to focus more and stop hitting boys with her purse. Lol!!
Really, in 6th grade is the purse useful for anything else?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:12 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:45 pm My mom once put “Junior needs to focus more on the lesson by picking his nose less frequently in class.”

Oh dear. That must have been pretty distracting for her. Me...I work with 2-5 year olds and have been for a long time. I usually don't even notice unless they're 2 knuckles deep. Or working both nostrils at once.
Lol, it would have been a 6th grader- way past semi acceptable nose picking age.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:49 pm
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:12 pm

Lol, it would have been a 6th grader- way past semi acceptable nose picking age.
I must have missed nose-picking day in developmental psychology class.
Locked Previous topicNext topic