My kids arent going to their dad's wedding

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My ex is getting married in a couple weeks. He really wants the kids to go but they do not want to. I am not going to force them.

They have had a bad relationship with their dad after finding out that he is a cheater and that is why his marriage failed. They lost a lot because of their dad's shitty actions and they resent him. I have talked to them and my ex has talked to them many times. They even went to a therapist and they said that they have some emotions to work through but nothing out of the ordinary.

Now he is adding another step mom to their life and they just dont want any part of it. They havent gone to his house since the whole divorce happened anyway and things have not been good.

He is livid about it. He feels like they should be there no matter what. I tried to talk to him and them but no one is budging. At the end of the day it isnt my job to fix their relationships. That is on him and he is the one dropping the ball. I see why he wants them there but I also understand their feelings towards him. They dont want to go through all of that again and they are angry at him. He should have been making more of an effort instead of just sending invites and expecting them to show up
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This is a different spin.......Asshole Bio Dad instead of Asshole StepMom, lol
Anonymous 2

Unread post

This scenario is really overdone in mc.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I wouldn't even try to talk the kids into going to their dad's wedding. He deliberately broke up their family. He's an asshole. He should rot in hell.
Deleted User 114

Unread post

I don't blame them.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Uh huh
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Wait, i got a little lost in the middle. Is this his third marriage, as in he cheated on their previous step mom?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

He cheated on YOU, not them. Obviously your marriage was already in the shitter. I think you're secretly glad they won't go and encouraged this behavior on your own out of bitterness as the divorce began.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:06 am He cheated on YOU, not them. Obviously your marriage was already in the shitter. I think you're secretly glad they won't go and encouraged this behavior on your own out of bitterness as the divorce began.
He didnt cheat on me. I am not happy about this situation at all. My kids are hurt... who would be happy about that?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Nopeville wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:44 pm Wait, i got a little lost in the middle. Is this his third marriage, as in he cheated on their previous step mom?
Correct
Locked Previous topicNext topic