Would you survive?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Just a quick fun little what if question. If all technology stopped working tommorow would you survive?

I mean no internet, no electricity, no cars, no grocery stores, no phones, nothing. If you want food grow it, if you need to get somewhere ride a horse, a bike or walk. You get it we are going really old school. So would you survive or be up the creek without a paddle?

I would survive because my dh and I both grew up on a farm. So my dh knows how to milk a cow and I know how to butcher one. We know how to grow crops and raise livestock. We are raising chickens right now and just planted crops last week. So we're good.

How about you?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I was in 4-H from age 8 until I turned 18. I got this.

Now, would I be happy? Hell no.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I guess it’ll take a while, but eventually I would manage.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Where would grocery stores go? And as long as matches and fishing poles are around yes I could survive. I have a boat and there's fish enough. I'd probably become a thief or find a lonely farmer lol.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We sure would, I have generators and a huge vegetable & herb garden. My freezers are stock to the top, I have 4 huge racks full of canned veggies vegetables, fruit, jams and pickles. My grandparents had a working farm when I was growing up, I couldn't slaughter an animal but I could wrap up or smoke the meat if someone else kills and dresses it, lol
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Nope. I’d go MAD. I love modern convenience. Not to mention, my job requires Internet.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:36 pm Where would grocery stores go? And as long as matches and fishing poles are around yes I could survive. I have a boat and there's fish enough. I'd probably become a thief or find a lonely farmer lol.
They would go anywhere but without electricity all the freezers wouldn't work so meat and milk would spoil really fast and without cars to transport food and without electricity for the companies there wouldnt be any shipments thus not needing grocery stores once all canned food was taken.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:40 pm
Pjmm wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:36 pm Where would grocery stores go? And as long as matches and fishing poles are around yes I could survive. I have a boat and there's fish enough. I'd probably become a thief or find a lonely farmer lol.
They would go anywhere but without electricity all the freezers wouldn't work so meat and milk would spoil really fast and without cars to transport food and without electricity for the companies there wouldnt be any shipments thus not needing grocery stores once all canned food was taken.
Well I'm in Florida. There's coconuts, edible plants and fish. I might need yds to help me light a fire though. I can't light a F***ing fire to save my life. He's a boy scout though he knows some wilderness survival. My guess would be what will really be worth something isn't canned goods but aspirin, Tylenol, coffee and cigarettes. Maybe I should stock up so I can use them to bargain i for the possible apocalypse.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Yes.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes. I think I’m pretty handy. The only thing I couldn’t do is kill a deer or some other large animal and skin it. It just seems like a lot of work.
Locked Previous topicNext topic