Regent
Regent

Unread post

I do here and there.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Only if they’re sick or there’s a strong enough reason like when I took them to get their passports. Those absences are excused by school.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

For vacations, yes. Not just because you feel like it, though. But between doctor appointments and migraines and a generally crap immune system, DS always maxes out on absences.
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My older two now in college were allowed one free absence per semester in high school as long as they had not had many absences prior. My youngest in her freshman year of high school she missed too many days due to illness so she could not miss any for no reason. shes now finishing up junior year and if she was to ask for a day off she would be allowed but she does not like taking off so she has not done so
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yup. I let DD last week because they were having field day and she had no desire to be there. So we went and got out pedicures and saw dumbo
Iffrinn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Yes, I'd let her stay home.

I don't buy the "they should never skip school because you can't just skip work when you feel like it" reasoning.

When you work, you are being paid to be there, and more likely than not, you have chosen the place you will work, and type of job you will have. Kids have no choice but to go to school, and often don't get to choose the school they go to. Comparing it to working a job is comparing apples and oranges.
Unless they are in danger of failing due to missing too many days, there is no reason not to let them skip a 'do nothing' day.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No. Mine wouldn’t ask- she has this thing about perfect attendance.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Yeah, I'd let her skip. My daughter skipped finals her senior year because she maintained an A average in each class and that's a perk the school offers for their seniors. She skipped some days and had me drive her to others so she could hang out with friends.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Rarely but yes.
My kids both stayed home about 2 weeks ago.
Locked Previous topicNext topic