Do you let your kids skip school days?

Deleted User 172

Unread post

Iffrinn wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:29 pm Yes, I'd let her stay home.

I don't buy the "they should never skip school because you can't just skip work when you feel like it" reasoning.

When you work, you are being paid to be there, and more likely than not, you have chosen the place you will work, and type of job you will have. Kids have no choice but to go to school, and often don't get to choose the school they go to. Comparing it to working a job is comparing apples and oranges.
Unless they are in danger of failing due to missing too many days, there is no reason not to let them skip a 'do nothing' day.
All this and most jobs allow PTO. I'll take a PTO day if I'm just not feeling up to going to work.
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Absolutely
CMrefugee
Donated
Donated
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

No. Unless they are sick or have an appointment, my kids go to school. They don't get to skip.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yep.

I allow a mental health day each quarter and allow her to stay home on occasional do nothing days at school. She rarely misses school because of illness.

She's hanging out with me and DH this Monday as a matter of fact!
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The only days the boys miss are days we are in Disney World or days they are sick—which amounts to none. Early dismissals however we have had 4-2 due to rule out concussions for the oldest.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yeah... mine aren’t going tomorrow so we can go to a water park...
Deleted User 114

Unread post

No.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

When I take them to the dentist they usually miss school. Even if their appointment is in the morning I’ll take them to go do stuff after. In fact two of them are going to the dentist on the last day of school. It’s only a half day so they will be going after school.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

My kids are homeschooled so sure we just make it up another day or go on a field trip.
Locked Previous topicNext topic