I shouldn't have told her

Deleted User 172

Unread post

I found a lump in my breast about 2 weeks ago. I went to my doctor, she says since it's soft and moves easily it's probably just a cyst but she wants me to go have a mammogram just in case.

So I mentioned it to my mom and she flipped out. She's like You're only 35! I'll come with you! You'll be ok!

The worst part is I think she told my dad too. He keeps looking at me like it'll be the last time he sees me.
UGH. I shouldn't have told.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 1:56 pm I found a lump in my breast about 2 weeks ago. I went to my doctor, she says since it's soft and moves easily it's probably just a cyst but she wants me to go have a mammogram just in case.

So I mentioned it to my mom and she flipped out. She's like You're only 35! I'll come with you! You'll be ok!

The worst part is I think she told my dad too. He keeps looking at me like it'll be the last time he sees me.
She sounds like my mom lol. I keep stuff like that to myself because my mom and sisters will freak out.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

If my mom finds out one of us has as much as a cold shes calling and messaging me all day. Like she wants details! Well what's not feeling good? But are you throwing up? Right down to how many times have you blown your nose today? I just keep repeating its because she cares but yeah I avoid telling her!
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Sounds like my mom. I usually keep my mouth shut until I know more
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 2:12 pm If my mom finds out one of us has as much as a cold shes calling and messaging me all day. Like she wants details! Well what's not feeling good? But are you throwing up? Right down to how many times have you blown your nose today? I just keep repeating its because she cares but yeah I avoid telling her!
Lol, this is so my mom too.
I stepped on a nail in April and had to go get a tetanus shot. She flipped out and wanted to know all the details.
It's like geez mom, chill out, I'm not a baby I can take care of myself!

I'm more irritated that she told my dad though. I don't like the look on his face when he looks at me.
CrazyJenn
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My mom is the same way! Sometimes it's really annoying, lol, but I know it's just cause she cares.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Gorilla_Mama wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 2:13 pm Sounds like my mom. I usually keep my mouth shut until I know more
Yeah, I'll learn someday. Theres somethings I've never told and I'm usually very good at keeping secrets. Idk why I said something on this.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 2:02 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 1:56 pm I found a lump in my breast about 2 weeks ago. I went to my doctor, she says since it's soft and moves easily it's probably just a cyst but she wants me to go have a mammogram just in case.

She sounds like my mom lol. I keep stuff like that to myself because my mom and sisters will freak out.
Oh lawd, if my sister knew she would flip out.
I really hope it's nothing just so I dont have to deal with the freaking out and demands to go to all the doctors appointments with me
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 2:16 pm
RealisticBeauty wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 2:02 pm

Oh lawd, if my sister knew she would flip out.
I really hope it's nothing just so I dont have to deal with the freaking out and demands to go to all the doctors appointments with me
Good luck! My sister found the same thing and it was a cyst.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

There is only way to be certain that information you dont want getting passed around doesn't get passed around by well-meaning people.

I can see where this would be a trigger for most Moms. Unless she is known for being a port in a storm and doesn't get scared easily.
Locked Previous topicNext topic