It's been almost 8 months and I'm still angry

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Someone betrayed me almost 8 months ago. I haven't talked to this person since then. It was a pretty big betrayal, something that really wrecked me and really made me look at this person completely differently.

I'm still pissed about it.

How do I get over it?
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I know this wil,be hard but forgive. It's for yourself and not the person. It relieves the stress and burden from you.
I'm not saying to allow them back in your life I'm just saying let it go and move on.
i want candy!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:40 pm I know this wil,be hard but forgive. It's for yourself and not the person. It relieves the stress and burden from you.
I'm not saying to allow them back in your life I'm just saying let it go and move on.
I've tried.
I can say the words, I can think them. I just can't feel them yet. :(
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Have you tried mindfulness or chanting a mantra daily? Journaling can also be very effective.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I'd need more time than 8 months, to be honest.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:06 am I'd need more time than 8 months, to be honest.
I understand that. If it is serious enough, there is a process we have to go through first or we won't truly forgive the person.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Depending on what they did and the impact it had on my life, I may never forgive them. There are some things you can never get over, well for me anyway
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:09 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:06 am I'd need more time than 8 months, to be honest.
I understand that. If it is serious enough, there is a process we have to go through first or we won't truly forgive the person.
It was one of the most insulting and hurtful things that's ever happened to me. And the person kept trying to make it better, but everything that was done and said just made it worse.
It's not fair to them, because I know they're genuinely sorry. But even through that I know that the betrayal was real. The REASON behind it was real. That's never going to change.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:22 am Depending on what they did and the impact it had on my life, I may never forgive them. There are some things you can never get over, well for me anyway
It was pretty bad.
Someone that was very close to me tore into my soul and made me feel like utter shit. My practical side knows that my worth isn't based on what happened. But my emotional side keeps saying why?
There's just so many sides to this. Sad thing is I miss this person. But I can't find it in myself to forgive. I might never.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

For me, "how I got over it" would have a lot to do with what exactly it was that the person did. If they slept with my spouse, "the way I got over it" would be to totally disown and avoid that person.

For me, it would probably not be a "forgiving" per se. It would be a matter of how long it took me to FORGET about it.

If I were you, I'd try to come up with a MANTRA. Every time I found myself thinking about how hurt or upset I am about what she did to me, I'd say that mantra to myself...over and over again.

I wish you healing.
Locked Previous topicNext topic