Is it important for you that your children are the "popular" kids in school?

bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My son is an only child and homeschooled so if he isn't the most popular kid in the whole school we might want to look into therapy. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't care though.
Debmomto2teens
Villein
Villein

Unread post

I never had had that issue while they were in high school. They went and one still goes to a performing arts high school and no one is popular. It’s a great school.
DeleteAccount
Countess
Countess

Unread post

No, not at all. I just want them to be happy well adjusted kids. Popularity in school means nothing once you have gotten out of school.
...MyLove...

Unread post

No. But, when my son was in school it was important that he was the best dressed.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Popular? No...being popular isn't exactly a priority for me. I want my kids to have friends and positive social interactions with others, but I'm not concerned with popularity.
Ilovemydaughter06
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I bet she was just saying that, how do you know it's true.
Jacked
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

I wish my 9 yo dd was less popular. She's always got bday parties to go to... It seems like it's never ending! Then, there's the drama that comes along with it! "Sarah is mad at me because I partnered with Ava in gym today" type of things! My kid hates it too. She says she feels so stressed out because some of her friends get mad at her for not playing with/partnering/sitting/walking with them. She's not a bully so it bothers her when her friends are upset with her. Popularity is over rated.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'd rather they were not popular...
Being popular comes with a lot more peer pressure, and usually results in a lot more bad decisions.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Nope. I care way more that they get good grades and aren’t bullied.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Popular doesn't matter to me. I want my kids to be happy, well-rounded kids. I want them to be nice to everyone and understand that while they don't have to like everyone they do have to be kind.

I do not want them to be bullies, nor do I want them to be bullied. I think it is important that they have friends that share their values and interests whether that means 1 or 2 close friends or many.
Locked Previous topicNext topic