My confession

Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:39 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:35 am Am I supposed to be judging? I mean I think the carpet is a hideous color but it's not like you've got dirty diapers and trash lying all over the place, just toys which can be cleaned up in under 5 minutes.
I absolutely hate the carpet. I need to show my SO your comment because I've been trying to get rid of it for years now.
Its one of those colors that just looks dirty and gross regardless of if it was just installed. Then again I prefer hard wood to carpet any day, but that's just a really bad color choice for carpet. It needs to be a nuetral color
Anonymous 1

Unread post

i don't think this is confession worthy. just don't judge yourself. if i could turn back time when my babies were little, i would not give any shit about what my house looked like! currently it's trashed right now and i don't care! we will clean it this weekend. we are busy and we live here.

i cared too much about my house before because i had very critical family..especially my mom. wish i would have cut her out way sooner, but it is what it is.

just live your life and as long as your kid is fed and happy, just clean when you can but try not to stress over it. i know it can be easier said than done. but just speaking from experience.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:42 am
RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:38 am
RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:35 am So normal life with a toddler eh?

Just tell him to get down
I do that all day long. I love him but its hard to believe that I started all over again.
Be grateful-some women never can have babies and would give their right arm for your son. Its okay to vent and have your mommy meltdown moments but be careful because you don't know how your words could be hurting someone that would kill for that.

have you tried telling him that standing on it can break it and then he won't have a table for his trains anymore and Thomas the train will be sad? Something like that might work

But he also obviously loves to climb so make sure you take him to a park daily so he can climb on the playground equipment. Also maybe get him a slide climber for inside the house.
My girlfriend is going on a second round of ivf so I understand the struggle and I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. I have a ton of outdoor stuff for him to do when the weather is consistently nice. Right now he is too young to understand that the table is for trains only.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:46 am
RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:39 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:35 am Am I supposed to be judging? I mean I think the carpet is a hideous color but it's not like you've got dirty diapers and trash lying all over the place, just toys which can be cleaned up in under 5 minutes.
I absolutely hate the carpet. I need to show my SO your comment because I've been trying to get rid of it for years now.
Its one of those colors that just looks dirty and gross regardless of if it was just installed. Then again I prefer hard wood to carpet any day, but that's just a really bad color choice for carpet. It needs to be a nuetral color
Yes the color is the worst and I am all about hard wood. I will have to pay for them if I want them.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:48 am i don't think this is confession worthy. just don't judge yourself. if i could turn back time when my babies were little, i would not give any shit about what my house looked like! currently it's trashed right now and i don't care! we will clean it this weekend. we are busy and we live here.

i cared too much about my house before because i had very critical family..especially my mom. wish i would have cut her out way sooner, but it is what it is.

just live your life and as long as your kid is fed and happy, just clean when you can but try not to stress over it. i know it can be easier said than done. but just speaking from experience.
Thanks! I do care way too much. I wish I didn't.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

do you know if there is a reason why you care too much? maybe try to figure it out and try not to. like i said i wish i would have done that a long time ago. but better late than never :)
RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:51 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:48 am i don't think this is confession worthy. just don't judge yourself. if i could turn back time when my babies were little, i would not give any shit about what my house looked like! currently it's trashed right now and i don't care! we will clean it this weekend. we are busy and we live here.

RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:53 am do you know if there is a reason why you care too much? maybe try to figure it out and try not to. like i said i wish i would have done that a long time ago. but better late than never :)

I think I watch too much HGTV. I see the perfect homes and I strive to have my home like that. I also grew up with 5 siblings so our home was always disorganized and I made it a point to keep my home from getting like that.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:56 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:53 am do you know if there is a reason why you care too much? maybe try to figure it out and try not to. like i said i wish i would have done that a long time ago. but better late than never :)
I think I watch too much HGTV. I see the perfect homes and I strive to have my home like that. I also grew up with 5 siblings so our home was always disorganized and I made it a point to keep my home from getting like that.
My mother kept house like a museum. Statues you couldn't touch, couches you couldn't sit on, toys in the basement only. I wasn't even allowed to have them in my room. My room was for sleeping, not playing. She kept everything tidy, clean, spotless.
I got married and moved out. A few years later we had our 1st son. Holy shit, my house looked like Toys R Us threw up everywhere. I was so restricted growing up, I flew the opposite direction with my son.
lol. I'm pushing 50 and there are plushies all over the place because I've started over, yet again, with my 4 yr old daughter. I'll have that HGTV home someday. Until then, I have kids and wouldn't want it any other way.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

jas wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:21 pm
RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:56 am

My mother kept house like a museum. Statues you couldn't touch, couches you couldn't sit on, toys in the basement only. I wasn't even allowed to have them in my room. My room was for sleeping, not playing. She kept everything tidy, clean, spotless.
I got married and moved out. A few years later we had our 1st son. Holy shit, my house looked like Toys R Us threw up everywhere. I was so restricted growing up, I flew the opposite direction with my son.
lol. I'm pushing 50 and there are plushies all over the place because I've started over, yet again, with my 4 yr old daughter. I'll have that HGTV home someday. Until then, I have kids and wouldn't want it any other way.
Lol it's funny how we sometimes go in the opposite direction. I tried hard to keep everything tidy and it is not working. We have a family room upstairs but I don't use it because the living room feels more cozy. You really started over with a 4 year old. I always imagined that my kids would be old enough to take care of themselves when I reached 40 but that won't happen with this one.
RedBottoms

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:48 am
RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:42 am
RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:38 am

I do that all day long. I love him but its hard to believe that I started all over again.
Be grateful-some women never can have babies and would give their right arm for your son. Its okay to vent and have your mommy meltdown moments but be careful because you don't know how your words could be hurting someone that would kill for that.

have you tried telling him that standing on it can break it and then he won't have a table for his trains anymore and Thomas the train will be sad? Something like that might work

But he also obviously loves to climb so make sure you take him to a park daily so he can climb on the playground equipment. Also maybe get him a slide climber for inside the house.
My girlfriend is going on a second round of ivf so I understand the struggle and I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. I have a ton of outdoor stuff for him to do when the weather is consistently nice. Right now he is too young to understand that the table is for trains only.
I had twins boys and they had a train table and only tried to climb on it once and I told them it would break and they stayed off it after that. They were a little older though like 3.

I had an indoor slide climber and they played on it so even on rainy days there was something to get your energy out on

Another fun idea-if your couch cushions come off take them off and pile them up in a mountain or obstable course and add bed pillows etc. My boys loved that. I just let them crawl all over the couch cushions
Locked Previous topicNext topic