The Abortion Debate......why can’t it ever involve common sense?

RedBottoms

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:25 am 31411DEC-31D7-4526-B8B7-DE026FEE8E54.jpeghere’s a quote I love. I think you might like it too. If not, know I mean it in the best of intentions
RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:40 am
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:05 am

We believe in Him just as you believe that your husband/parents/children/dog loves you. There is no physical manifestation, nothing you can see and touch, nothing to show and you have no way to prove it to an outsider.

Why do you believe that people love you where there is zero proof?

Faith 101
If God loves me he has a weird way of showing it. Killing my first two babies. Letting them die. Making me very infertile so I had to go through all kinds of heartbreak and hoops to have kids. That is not how you show someone you love them
yes thank you. I like it a lot.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am pro-choice. I don't care what another women decides to do for her reproductive choices. I won't police her uterus, and I'd expect the same courtesy being extended to me.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Shadowgirl123
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

It honestly scares the sh*t out of me when the government wants to step in and control the reproductive rights of women. It’s not their place, it’s the doctors place to determine what is best and safest for their patient, the mother.

Do I personally want an elective abortion past 12 weeks, no. But I also don’t want to see women prosecuted (like in other countries where abortion is illegal) for having a miscarriage after 12 weeks. A d&c is considered a missed abortion. If they criminalize abortion that means a procedure for the health of an already traumatized and heartbroken mother is now out. She has to be induced and give birth to a stillborn ... and some countries will still place a mother in prison for this. (Look it up, it has happened.)

Would I want to ever face the fact that a child I was carrying would not survive birth due to a genetic defect, then be forced to carry that child to term and risk my fertility for future pregnancies? No. If I ever had that hard choice to make, I would want the option. It should be up to me to decide if I could handle carrying the child for organ donation or if I should cut my losses and take care of my mental state.

I would not want to be like a mother I KNOW thanks to a rare condition support group i am in (worldwide) who had to deliver a child without most of its brain (grade 4 intercranial hemmorage at 22 weeks. 90% damage) at 37 weeks and watch her child die over 48 minutes, without drugs to make him comfortable because it was illegal for the doctors to intervene (under the way the law of abortion being illegal was written). She watched him suffocate and be in pain for that long, knowing he would die, and there was nothing that could be done, because the government thought they knew better.

The government has NO place in a women’s right to do what is right.
Locked Previous topicNext topic