Why women don't leave

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

7byher wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:32 pm
Bubbs wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:14 pm
PoplarGrove wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:44 am

For those who have always lived in relative safety it probably is a hard concept to grasp. "Well, I would have left the first time he hit me" - by the time he first hits you he's already convinced you that you're worthless and deserve it. Abusers pick their victims. They aren't going for a woman who has a strong will and character that will put up with the beginnings of abuse. He goes for women who through mental illness or conditioning will allow him to treat her the way he does. He chooses a woman who probably has few close (and especially strong) friends and family. And then she's afraid to tell anyone what's happening because she knows what women like many on this board would say.
I was a woman who said, I'd NEVER let someone treat me like that. Until I was in it, he caught me at a low point and then continued to chip away at that.
I'm sorry. Must have felt like a big betrayal to yourself.
You're perfect just the way you are and I'm damn proud of you for finding a way out.
Yes, I’m still working through anger at myself for allowing him to stay as long as I did.
Thank you.
I think it was a lesson I needed to learn and makes me have empathy for women in similar situations that depend on their husbands financially and have to figure out so many things I didn’t have to.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m not going to discuss semantics with someone who doesn’t even have the decency to show her face when bad mouthing me.
As I said, it’s right there for all to read. And now I know it’s YOU who wrote that because you also tried to recreate semantics for your convenience on that post, even going as far as editing the OP you quoted to change the meaning of her post.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:42 pm What you said was not accurate. You need to work on your reading comprehension.

Seems like neither parent is competent which is where the whole second part comes in.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:41 pm Thank you for that! Saved me the trouble of looking for it. So what I said was accurate. She (you, most likely) referred to the abuser as the “competent” parent. But the abused woman isn’t a competent parent. She’s the “shitty parent”.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:03 pm

This is exactly what was said.

"If he is not at all a risk to the children she should leave them with the competent parent. She is not that. She isnt a good mom, she isnt even competent enough to support herself or her children

If he is unsafe she should call CPS and fight for the kids to be placed with a competent relative.

She stops being a victim as soon as her kids are kept in an abusive situation. That just makes her a POS"
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Is this one #3 the whiner or #4 the basher??
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:51 pm I’m not going to discuss semantics with someone who doesn’t even have the decency to show her face when bad mouthing me.
As I said, it’s right there for all to read. And now I know it’s YOU who wrote that because you also tried to recreate semantics for your convenience on that post, even going as far as editing the OP you quoted to change the meaning of her post.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:42 pm What you said was not accurate. You need to work on your reading comprehension.

Seems like neither parent is competent which is where the whole second part comes in.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:41 pm Thank you for that! Saved me the trouble of looking for it. So what I said was accurate. She (you, most likely) referred to the abuser as the “competent” parent. But the abused woman isn’t a competent parent. She’s the “shitty parent”.

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

#3. The one who said that in the other post.
Sassy762 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:55 pm Is this one #3 the whiner or #4 the basher??
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:51 pm I’m not going to discuss semantics with someone who doesn’t even have the decency to show her face when bad mouthing me.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AHHHH the whiny butt, got it, LOL
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:56 pm #3. The one who said that in the other post.
Sassy762 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:55 pm Is this one #3 the whiner or #4 the basher??

Anonymous 2

Unread post

You dont know what you are talking about. You are going around saying stuff that isnt true. It is there for everyone to read.

Anonymous 2

Unread post

I am a completely different person. She is just making assumptions.
Sassy762 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:57 pm AHHHH the whiny butt, got it, LOL
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:56 pm #3. The one who said that in the other post.

Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Whatever.........Y'all duke it out. I'm going back to my recipes
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:00 pm I am a completely different person. She is just making assumptions.

Anonymous 2

Unread post

No reason to. She can say what she wants that doesnt make it true. She just was taking what was said out of context *shrugs*
Sassy762 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:02 pm Whatever.........Y'all duke it out. I'm going back to my recipes
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:00 pm I am a completely different person. She is just making assumptions.

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yeah, well. All you cowards look, think and talk alike.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic