My boss hates me

Anonymous 1

Unread post

It's true. She's rude to me, always short tempered, I'm afraid to ask her questions (I've worked there for 4 months). She's called me names (always in a "joking" manner) talks over me loudly when I'm speaking with someone (all the time - only me!) and has blamed me for things several times that she later discovered wasn't my fault, but never apologizes. Ever!
She never asks about my personal life, or my kids, or anything, even though she will sit there and chat all day with the other two girls and ask them all kinds of questions. They can even see that she doesn't like me and they think she's super hard on me for no reason.

Simply put, she just doesn't like me as a person. I understand this is not a crime, and she is not required to like me, but obviously it's not an enjoyable working environment for me. It's unfortunate because I really wanted it to work out. It's a convenient job for me for many reasons.

The money is helpful, but after talking about it once again with my husband this afternoon we decided to enough is enough (She was particularly nasty to me this morning).
We can do without that job for awhile and I can look for another job and we'll be OK.

But what now?
I don't ever want to see her again. I don't want the drama. There's nothing personal I need to get from the office that's important to me. I don't need her nor do I even want her as a reference.

Oh, and the most important thing I should probably mention is; when I quit, she's screwed. She's counting on me to cover for her while she's on a 2 week vacation, and she's already understaffed. She'll have to quickly hire and train, which she hates. She's going to be livid when I tell her I'm throwing in the towel. This is true - even though she hates me, she needs me. She needs me more than I need her.

So if this all happened to YOU, what would YOU do?

Give a 2 week notice? In person? In a formal letter?

Quit outright in a text? Email? Formal letter?

Don't show up tomorrow and let her freak out a bit?

I need suggestions and advice please. I've never been in a situation like this before.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I quit on the spot once. I was tired of being berated by the Chef I worked for so I called my husband on my break and told him what was going on. Luckily, he heard him screaming at someone else while we were on the phone and he said to just tell him that I quit and walk out. I did and never looked back.
I would not put up with a hostile work environment. It's just not my personality.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Is she the owner or just the manager/supervisor?
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

While you say you do not need her as a reference you will need to list the job on future applications/resumes or you will have a gap in employment to explain. If they call the job to verify employment you do not know what she may say.... While it sucks, a 2 week notice is always best. I left a very hostile work environment once and as hard as it was I gave notice and stuck it out. The last 2 weeks was the best because I knew the absolute "worst" that could happen was that they would make me leave early...
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:46 pm Is she the owner or just the manager/supervisor?
Owner.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

sarah824 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:56 pm While you say you do not need her as a reference you will need to list the job on future applications/resumes or you will have a gap in employment to explain. If they call the job to verify employment you do not know what she may say.... While it sucks, a 2 week notice is always best. I left a very hostile work environment once and as hard as it was I gave notice and stuck it out. The last 2 weeks was the best because I knew the absolute "worst" that could happen was that they would make me leave early...
I really don't. I've been a stay at home mom for 5 years and this was my first office job in that time. I was only there a few months. I can just leave my resume as is.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

When is she supposed to go on vacation?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:00 pm
Sassy762 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:46 pm Is she the owner or just the manager/supervisor?
Owner.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:01 pm
sarah824 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:56 pm While you say you do not need her as a reference you will need to list the job on future applications/resumes or you will have a gap in employment to explain. If they call the job to verify employment you do not know what she may say.... While it sucks, a 2 week notice is always best. I left a very hostile work environment once and as hard as it was I gave notice and stuck it out. The last 2 weeks was the best because I knew the absolute "worst" that could happen was that they would make me leave early...
I really don't. I've been a stay at home mom for 5 years and this was my first office job in that time. I was only there a few months. I can just leave my resume as is.
Well, then in that case I would either just not show up or send her a text letting her know that you won't be back. Do you worry that she won't give you your final check?
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Email her you can longer work in such a hostile environment.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Turn in a 2 week notice. If you were a kid working at McDonald's you could just no show. You're an adult in a professional atmosphere.

Turn in your notice and when she asks why just tell her directly that it's obvious she doesn't like you, she doesn't even try to hide it, and you don't need to be in a hostile environment.

People act like obnoxious assholes because they're never called on it. You're in position to let her know in a professional manner what she is, so do it! LOL
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic