Do you think that health insurance companies should just be able to drop expensive patients?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

A woman I follow on Instagram has a very medically complex child. He's in and out of the hospital a lot plus requires expensive daily medical care. His mom mentioned about a month ago how his insurance company dropped him because he's expensive and now they are paying out of pocket and trying to fight the insurance company and looking at other options. This is not state insurance either they were paying a premium and deductibles and such. So do you think insurance companies should be able to say your to expensive so were dropping you?
RedBottoms

Unread post

No. Because then the overall public has to pay for it then because they will end up on welfare. If I do my part and like a good girl pay my premiums and fees for years and then get super sick-I expect to be taken care of. That is what insurance is for
CrazyJenn
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

No. That's what insurance is for.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

No that's horrible

So glad I've had Medicare since birth and have never had to worry about it. Everyone deserves health insurance
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The ACA rules prohibited this, and also outlawed life-time caps on the amount of charges that were covered by health insurance sold on the Marketplace sites. But the current administration has sought to repeal these protections, and allow companies to sell "bare bones" and less expensive policies without these consumer protections.
owl0210
Countess
Countess

Unread post

No, that is why we pay for health insurance.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

No
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't F***ing think so! I'm one of those 'expensive patients', and wouldn't have a prayer of surviving if it wasn't for dh's insurance for us.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That is against the law. Something is fishy with this story.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I didnt think that was legal.
Locked Previous topicNext topic