Store credit card for bad credit

luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:11 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:09 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:02 pm

I just had a thought, I may add her as an authorized user on my credit card for a few months and just not tell her. Maybe that will help her score improve to at least 550. Right now she has no credit usage for the past few years and bad credit history for the couple of years before that.
Horrible idea

Why? She wouldn't have access to the card at all. I'm not sure what could go wrong.
Adding her as a authorized user want improve her credit rating
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

When you add a authorized user they don't even ask for their SS# therefore it has absolutely nothing to do with their credit rating
Anonymous 1

luvthagirl wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:22 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:09 pm

Horrible idea

Why? She wouldn't have access to the card at all. I'm not sure what could go wrong.

Why do you say that? Everything I've read says it does. I just have to make sure my credit card company will report to the credit bureaus. Since that's typical, and since my credit card company requires her ssn, I'm guessing they do.
Anonymous 1

luvthagirl wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:28 pm When you add a authorized user they don't even ask for their SS# therefore it has absolutely nothing to do with their credit rating

It definitely does require her ssn.

"The Additional Card Member's Social Security Number and Date of Birth are not required to submit this request. However, this information must be provided by you or the Additional Card Member within 60 days after the Card is issued, or the Additional Card will be canceled.

Blue from American Express®"
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

How about pay off the debt she already has instead of creating new.
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:32 pm

Why do you say that? Everything I've read says it does. I just have to make sure my credit card company will report to the credit bureaus. Since that's typical, and since my credit card company requires her ssn, I'm guessing they do.
l say that because all the major credit cards that myself, husband,and even my Parents when I was in college didn't ask for a SS# to be added as authorized user
Anonymous 1

luvthagirl wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:46 pm

All the major credit cards that myself, husband,and even my Parents when I was in college didn't ask for a SS# to be added as authorized user

Okay... maybe times have changed because that's not what I'm reading in the articles now and that's not what's on my credit card account on their website.
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:50 pm
luvthagirl wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:46 pm

All the major credit cards that myself, husband,and even my Parents when I was in college didn't ask for a SS# to be added as authorized user

Okay... maybe times have changed because that's not what I'm reading in the articles now and that's not what's on my credit card account on their website.
Times are always changing, but just this past Christmas 2018 (4months ago) I was getting a lot of questions/problems trying to use my husband AMEX card, he just added me as a authorized user without needing my SS# but like you said, times have changed, they may no longer need it
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Maggie wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:33 pm How about pay off the debt she already has instead of creating new.
That would be the smart thing to do
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:02 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:51 pm Most wont deal with anyone below 580 but walmart has accepted 550. She needs to build it up to over 600

I just had a thought, I may add her as an authorized user on my credit card for a few months and just not tell her. Maybe that will help her score improve to at least 550. Right now she has no credit usage for the past few years and bad credit history for the couple of years before that.
That’s probably your best bet. Not all of them report on authorized user’s credit, but many do. You really don’t want her to apply places and get turned down because her score will probably end up even lower.
If you have a Lowe’s card, they definitely report on the authorized user’s credit.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Locked Previous topicNext topic