The dumb..it hurts.

Anonymous 1

Unread post Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:22 am

So we have this thing at work where if you don't ask for someone's rewards
card they get a free 20oz soda. There are signs posted at the registers saying this and in the fine print says we have till the end of the transaction to ask.

So this customer GIVES ME HER REWARDS CARD. No, I did not ask for it. BECAUSE SHE GAVE IT TO ME. You have till the end of the transaction to ask for it so what I usually do is make convo while I ring and then ask for it while making conversation.

She sees the sign and she's like "So do I get a free soda because you didn't ask me?" I wasn't done ringing her items yet.

And I'm like "......" for a minute just kinda speechless not knowing what to say.

Finally I told her she handed it to me so I didn't need to ask for it. And she's like "But you still didn't ask." The f**k would I ask you for if you handed it to me? "Oh hey do you have a Rewards card even though you just handed me one?" ????

So I told her I would have to call my manager and he was really busy so it might be a few minutes. Not a lie because he really was super busy with other things. She said never mind and went on her way.

I can't even....Like why would I ask you for your rewards card when you handed it to me???
leadfoot40
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:26 am

she just wanted a free soda. no more than that.
Anonymous 2

Unread post Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:26 am

Sounds like something my mother would do.
highlandmum
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:42 am

Anonymous 2 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:26 am
Sounds like something my mother would do.
Sounds like something a lot of people would do. There is no need for someone to ask for a rewards card if you hand it to them first. You need to change the sign to say "If we fail to ask or scan your rewards card."
Emandab
Countess
Countess

Unread post Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:13 am

That must be so annoying to deal with.
agander2017
Regent
Regent

Unread post Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:21 am

Some people are just trying to get things for free. She shouldn't have handed it to you, that was her fault. She knew the manager wouldn't give her the soda, so she just let it go.

MrsDavidB
Regent
Regent

Unread post Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:26 am

Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode where Kramer wanted the $100 from the bank because the teller greeted him with 'Hi' and not "hello' like the sign stated they would? This reminds me of that.
Anonymous 3

Unread post Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:28 am

So just ask every single customer for their reward card before you start ringing them up (regardless if they hand it to you or not) and the store can keep all the sodas, problem solved
I agree, the DUMB does hurt
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:33 am

MrsDavidB wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:26 am
Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode where Kramer wanted the $100 from the bank because the teller greeted him with 'Hi' and not "hello' like the sign stated they would? This reminds me of that.
Yes! Great episode.

I love that show.

Remember George and the tip jar?
Or Jerry losing the dry cleaners ticket?
MrsDavidB
Regent
Regent

Unread post Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:36 am

cellomom26 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:33 am
MrsDavidB wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:26 am
Yes! Great episode.

I love that show.

Remember George and the tip jar?
Or Jerry losing the dry cleaners ticket?
The show is so great. And when you watch it now vs. live when it aired it is just so much better now. Little things you missed back then but catch now. One of the best.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic