If you've ever been a bridesmaid

Anonymous 1

Unread post

How much on average did you spend to be part of someone's special day?
This would include showers, bachelorette parties, wedding gift, gown, shoes, hair, and makeup?
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:55 pm How much on average did you spend to be part of someone's special day?
This would include showers, bachelorette parties, wedding gift, gown, shoes, hair, and makeup?
I was MOH at my sisters wedding. I bought my dress, red floor length satin princess cut. I had to have it altered and we used some of the fabric to make spaghetti straps. Also paid for my own hair, nails and shoes. Probably spent between 4 and 500 total.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

If you are asking whether it's OK for the bridesmaids to pay for their own hair styling, I'm going to tell you, "Yes. It's OK ."
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

With everything? Maybe $1000
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I have only been the bridesmaid twice

One time it cost me like $5,000, the other wedding was more like $8,000
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't remember for my bff. I think a hundred for the dress and another 100 for the plane ticket but that was 1989. but for my brother maybe 75 dollars. They covered much of it.
LoveAll3
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

The last one was the most expensive. We had to fly and get a hotel room plus, shower, bachelorette party, gift, dress, shoes, make up, hair etc. All said and done it was around $4000. The bride paid for our jewelry, we had to pay the rest.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I love all my friends dearly. I'll help. I'll give generously to them at their shower and wedding. But I'm not putting out thousands of dollars for any of their weddings. If that makes me a bad friend, so be it.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:55 pm How much on average did you spend to be part of someone's special day?
The only time I've ever been a bridesmaid was for my mom's wedding. I was 20 at the time. My mom paid for everything you mentioned above.
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

A little over $300 for my one SIL. MY other SIL paid for everything from dresses to hair and make up. As a teenager when I was a bridesmaid my parents paid for my dress and stuff.
Locked Previous topicNext topic