Do you feel people who pay child support

MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

You know the majority of the responsibility DOES fall on the mother, really no matter the situation. Any man out there with a brain knows he is on the hook for support should he father a child with a woman. It's pretty easy for him to make sure that doesn't happen if he doesn't want it to. When the child is born too bad so sad for him. He had choices too. His choice passed-now he must support.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:15 pm That’s all very beautiful, but the child is here because SHE decided the child would be here. Therefore the chunk of the responsibility falls on her. He’s not a deadbeat for not wanting to be a father to a child that he didn’t want anymore than she should be a deadbeat for getting rid of a child she didn’t want. When a choice is taken away from someone we can’t go around bitching at them for not embracing the consequences. When the full choice of whether a child is born falls on women, then we can’t blame the men for not embracing those consequences. We want the exclusive rights? Good. But that means we have more responsibilities. And dumping those responsibilities on others isn’t another one of those “rights”.
MrsDavidB wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:08 pm Because the child is here. Born and breathing. And the child deserves to be supported by the 2 people who made it.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:06 pm I’m sure he didn’t quit his job as CEO of PepsiCo to be a dishwasher at a restaurant. I’m sure the difference in salaries wasn’t that dramatic.
But it’s interesting... if a woman decides she doesn’t want to be a mother and avoids that within the law, she’s brave, and mature and responsible and possibly “pro-choice” if that’s where her decision took her. But if a man decides he doesn’t want to be a father and avoids that while following the the law, he’s a “deadbeat”. Why is that?

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:15 pm That’s all very beautiful, but the child is here because SHE decided the child would be here. Therefore the chunk of the responsibility falls on her. He’s not a deadbeat for not wanting to be a father to a child that he didn’t want anymore than she should be a deadbeat for getting rid of a child she didn’t want. When a choice is taken away from someone we can’t go around bitching at them for not embracing the consequences. When the full choice of whether a child is born falls on women, then we can’t blame the men for not embracing those consequences. We want the exclusive rights? Good. But that means we have more responsibilities. And dumping those responsibilities on others isn’t another one of those “rights”.
MrsDavidB wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:08 pm Because the child is here. Born and breathing. And the child deserves to be supported by the 2 people who made it.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:06 pm I’m sure he didn’t quit his job as CEO of PepsiCo to be a dishwasher at a restaurant. I’m sure the difference in salaries wasn’t that dramatic.
But it’s interesting... if a woman decides she doesn’t want to be a mother and avoids that within the law, she’s brave, and mature and responsible and possibly “pro-choice” if that’s where her decision took her. But if a man decides he doesn’t want to be a father and avoids that while following the the law, he’s a “deadbeat”. Why is that?

What if they were married and chose to have the child together?
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

A woman being able to have an abortion is biology.. every man knows there choice ends with S*x. Something i taught my son and something all moms should teach their sons.. and a lot of men have been known to quit a job that makes $20-$30 hr to take a minimum wage or just above minimum wage to avoid child support. The kid is here. Him not doing his part makes him a deadbeat

Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:51 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:48 pm Who’s paying what he’s legally obligated to pay. Which is more than what many actual deadbeat dads do.
Regardless, OP chose that guy as father of her child. That’s HER choice and she’s facing the consequences. She shouldn’t be whining about the consequences of her actions. If she wants more, then she should make it happen, not demand it handed down to her.

She choose a man who had a good paying job. How was she to know he would quit to keep from paying more in child support
She can complain about whatever she likes. And all she wants is for her child father to do his part especially since she is playing mom and dad. I know you live in shit Mexico but in the states raising a child cost money. A lot of it.
Anonymous 18

Unread post

They set that amount based on income. I doubt you'll be able to get anymore to pay for other activities since he likely doesn't have more either. It sucks but it is what it is. Either use part of the child support or find other ways to make more money. I've learned child support is something you should never depend on.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:27 pm

What if they were married and chose to have the child together?
I'd love to hear her answer to that.
Locked Previous topicNext topic