Do you feel people who pay child support

Anonymous 8

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:48 pm An extra room doesn’t double the rent. If anything, he should be paying half that extra room, not half her rent.
And CS is calculated by income. If that’s what the courts determine he can and should contribute, he doesn’t have to pay for “extras” if he doesn’t want to. It would be nice, but he doesn’t have to.
Anonymous 16 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:45 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:39 pm You lost me at half your rent... why should the money that’s meant for your child go to a rent you should be responsible to pay for yourself? Child support isn’t alimony
It calculates the difference between what she’d need to pay for a one bedroom compared to a multi bedroom home. It’s all figured in the calculations

Extra bedrooms in this area add a substantial amount to the rent. Children cost a lot of money. I don't blame OP for her frustration. Her ex should take on a part-time job or get a different job so he can pay more.

$300 here wouldn't cover half of daycare or after school care. $300 wouldn't come close to covering half of what's needed for most children. It's a joke.
honeyrder
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:22 pm I find it odd that you’re comparing your child support amount to your rent. It’s not meant to cover half your rent.....
Right? It should cover way more than rent. Poor kid. It's not his fault his dad's a dirty butt broke ass.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 12 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:56 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:53 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:48 pm An extra room doesn’t double the rent. If anything, he should be paying half that extra room, not half her rent.
And CS is calculated by income. If that’s what the courts determine he can and should contribute, he doesn’t have to pay for “extras” if he doesn’t want to. It would be nice, but he doesn’t have to.

Having a. Extra room does cost more. 2 bedrooms cost more than a 1 bedroom. Her food budget is doubled! Her utilities are more. Child support is therecto help support the child.

Your 8 year old eats as much food as you do? Wow.

When my sd came to live with us our utilities went up maybe 20 dollars a month. And that's probably only because she liked her half hour showers.
Im not op and i dont have an 8 yr old. But when my kids were 8 they ate just as much sometimes more than i did. I normally eat once a day my kids ate 3 meals a day plus snacks plusi had to pay for school lunch and my utilities go up a lot more the more people who are in my house! More water! More electric use to cool the house and cook with
Anonymous 16

Unread post

Anonymous 16 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:45 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:39 pm You lost me at half your rent... why should the money that’s meant for your child go to a rent you should be responsible to pay for yourself? Child support isn’t alimony
It calculates the difference between what she’d need to pay for a one bedroom compared to a multi bedroom home. It’s all figured in the calculations
No he doesn’t have to do anything. And a good father would help. I didn’t want to buy track shoes, but I did it, because his were worn out. And it’s not just rent. It includes utilities and a lot of other things. Not only income.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:02 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:53 pm

Having a. Extra room does cost more. 2 bedrooms cost more than a 1 bedroom. Her food budget is doubled! Her utilities are more. Child support is therecto help support the child.

When my sd came to live with us our utilities went up maybe 20 dollars a month. And that's probably only because she liked her half hour showers.
Im not op and i dont have an 8 yr old. But when my kids were 8 they ate just as much sometimes more than i did. I normally eat once a day my kids ate 3 meals a day plus snacks plusi had to pay for school lunch and my utilities go up a lot more the more people who are in my house! More water! More electric use to cool the house and cook with

Somehow there are a few of us here who are raising a kid without doubling our utility bills. I don't know how this seems to be so rare.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 12 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:06 pm

Somehow there are a few of us here who are raising a kid without doubling our utility bills. I don't know how this seems to be so rare.
I didn't say double i said more and it is a lot more than $20
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And that’s a completely different thing from what we were discussing. Sure, he has to pay half the child’s needs, according to his earnings.
But OP said the CS didn’t even pay “half her rent”. It’s not meant to pay half her rent and then all the other necessities. She shouldn’t be using that money for half her rent, she should be using it for half the difference in her rent, for food, clothing, school needs and medical expenses.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:55 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:51 pm As I just said... that doesn’t mean he has to pay half her rent. He would have to pay half the difference between a one bedroom and a two bedroom.
Rough example: if her 1 bedroom would be $300 and her 2 bedroom is $400, then that’s a $100 difference for the child’s room, which means he should pay $50, not $200.
Anonymous 8 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:47 pm

The child lives with her. She wouldn't need a two bedroom apartment if her son was not there. Child support is meant to be used on things like housing for the child.
But you also have to calculate his portion to feed the child! His portion of utilities when it came down to. it is way more than what she gets
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:08 pm
Anonymous 12 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:06 pm

I didn't say double i said more and it is a lot more than $20

Maybe it is for you. Although I don't know why. That's what it was for us, and it's not like we imposed any restrictions on utility use and rates here aren't low.

Someone else said double.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:09 pm And that’s a completely different thing from what we were discussing. Sure, he has to pay half the child’s needs, according to his earnings.
But OP said the CS didn’t even pay “half her rent”. It’s not meant to pay half her rent and then all the other necessities. She shouldn’t be using that money for half her rent, she should be using it for half the difference in her rent, for food, clothing, school needs and medical expenses.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:51 pm As I just said... that doesn’t mean he has to pay half her rent. He would have to pay half the difference between a one bedroom and a two bedroom.
Rough example: if her 1 bedroom would be $300 and her 2 bedroom is $400, then that’s a $100 difference for the child’s room, which means he should pay $50, not $200.

But you also have to calculate his portion to feed the child! His portion of utilities when it came down to. it is way more than what she gets

So you're saying she should buy everything for her son from a separate account?
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Half her rent was an example i am staying right on topic . Child support is for the child needs rent
Utilities Food ext. Who care if she uses it to pay half her rent. Since the child is living with her obviously she is paying for the other needs too. I got $90 one time. I used it to buy school supplies for both of my kids. One of the children wasn't my ex child.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:09 pm And that’s a completely different thing from what we were discussing. Sure, he has to pay half the child’s needs, according to his earnings.

Locked Previous topicNext topic