I freaking hate stupid attendance policies

Yogamom55
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

My pediatrician will write a note to include days I couldn't get in.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Being passive aggressive I'd send him to school and tell him to go straight to the nurses office. When they call to say he's sick and I need to pick him up I'd tell them I can't because they say he can't miss any more school. Sorry, school it's your policy so he's your problem.

May I add that that is an absolutely stupid policy... mine's missed 7 days this year for singing competitions or performances. She learns a hell of a lot more there than at school.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:10 pm Being passive aggressive I'd send him to school and tell him to go straight to the nurses office. When they call to say he's sick and I need to pick him up I'd tell them I can't because they say he can't miss any more school. Sorry, school it's your policy so he's your problem.

May I add that that is an absolutely stupid policy... mine's missed 7 days this year for singing competitions or performances. She learns a hell of a lot more there than at school.
They dont have a school nurse today. They only have one on tuesday and thursdays
Anonymous2.0
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Teledoc?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous2.0 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:23 pmTeledoc?
He would still be facing retention. We get 6 days. Thats it. No matter if its excused or not
Anonymous2.0
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:33 pm
Anonymous2.0 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:23 pmTeledoc?
He would still be facing retention. We get 6 days. Thats it. No matter if its excused or not
That’s the stupidest rule I’ve heard. Do the teachers only get to miss 6 days? I’m all about learning about the real world and that but I had the flu and was out three days. If my children are sick, there are a few more days.....
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:20 pm
PoplarGrove wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:10 pm Being passive aggressive I'd send him to school and tell him to go straight to the nurses office. When they call to say he's sick and I need to pick him up I'd tell them I can't because they say he can't miss any more school. Sorry, school it's your policy so he's your problem.

They dont have a school nurse today. They only have one on tuesday and thursdays
Even better. He can spread his germs all over the office. Just kidding. I feel for you. It's a dumbass policy. My daughter's missed a ton of school but has a 96 average so the school doesn't care. I'm honestly surprised schools havent' figured out a way to skype sick kids into class.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:14 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:56 am Why does he have to stay? What will happen if he doesn't show up? Couldn't a doctor's note make it a excused absence?

I only ask because my kids school has no such rule. My kids got sick with the flu and was out of school for 5 and a half days.
He has also had the flu so he faces retentionif he misses any more school. Im not sitting in the ER all say to get a note. We wouldnt ba able to get him into the dr today.
Urgent care?
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Where in East Bumfuck do you live?

Anonymous 8

Unread post

She lives in very western TN.
Anonymous 12 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:01 pm Where in East Bumfuck do you live?

Locked Previous topicNext topic