I freaking hate stupid attendance policies

Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:40 am Schools usually have a policy that kids can’t attend if they have a fever.
Also , I am sure you could go to a walk-in clinic to get his temperature taken and a quick check up( I’m thinking that you might have a CVS clinic?)
Bottom line:
I don’t believe your story!
My school is the same way. They dont care if there is a fever or not.

The closest walk in clinic to me is about 1.5 hours away.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:39 am Your kid is very sick but you cannot be bothered to get him a note for an excused absence? Then don't gripe.
You are ASSuming a note would even make a difference

At the school my kids go to you are allowed 6 absences. Those include excused absences
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:43 am
EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:39 am Your kid is very sick but you cannot be bothered to get him a note for an excused absence? Then don't gripe.

At the school my kids go to you are allowed 6 absences. Those include excused absences
Okay and what will the school do call CPS for truancy? I'd say go ahead. Some kids do have chronic illnesses. Look at these measles cases. I knew one kid had pneumonia. My coworker was out for a week over flu. I'm sure schools have policies in place for unusual doctor excused illnesses. Otherwise I'd be at the next school board meeting.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:47 am

Okay and what will the school do call CPS for truancy? I'd say go ahead. Some kids do have chronic illnesses. Look at these measles cases. I knew one kid had pneumonia. My coworker was out for a week over flu. I'm sure schools have policies in place for unusual doctor excused illnesses. Otherwise I'd be at the next school board meeting.
You get a truancy officer at your door and a court date is set. I was fined in the past because DD missed too much school. She also ended up having to do a years worth of online school over the summer to not have to repeat a grade level
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm sure it's six days without a doctor's note. If he is sick that often, he should see a doctor.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:40 am Schools usually have a policy that kids can’t attend if they have a fever.
Also , I am sure you could go to a walk-in clinic to get his temperature taken and a quick check up( I’m thinking that you might have a CVS clinic?)
Bottom line:
I don’t believe your story!
We do have Urgent Care clinics, those are our only walk in clinics. None of our Walgreen's or CVS's have them. I looked it up here once for the other two.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
owl0210
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Why has he missed 5 days already?
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

My job requires a doctor note to return to work, if you miss more than three days. It sucks going to the doctor or urgent care, but if the rules says a doctor note is required, then take your happy butt in. Or. Quit yer bitchin😁
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:52 am

You get a truancy officer at your door and a court date is set. I was fined in the past because DD missed too much school. She also ended up having to do a years worth of online school over the summer to not have to repeat a grade level
I would either get every doctor and parent I could find to go to the next school board meeting or move. That's ridiculous. In my day a kid had a chronic illness classwork was sent home or sometimes the teacher or a tutor would go. Illnesses like mono happen. Cancer. Asthma. You shouldn't be able to call truancy over legit illnesses. Especially in this day and age of emails, online classes and Sypke. I'm not sure of our policy but yds has probably missed six days over the year and he's dreadful for turning in excuse notes. I used to email them. No one ever showed up at my door.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

They face retention. School.attendance is compulsory we cant change that.
Locked Previous topicNext topic