Bullying

Mom Talk is a group for moms to come for advice and should be looked at as a more supportive community than Mom Confessions. Those who aren’t here for drama but want to connect with other moms or have questions about parenting can hang out here.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Does your child's school have a good bullying policy and is it enforced?
i want candy!
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I am sorry it took a month for me to see this. Yes, both my girls' schools have a bullying policy but it is controversial.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Her high school has a very strict bullying policy. They do not shit around. A kid was expelled for jokingly putting a shoelace around another kid and pulling him to the ground. Both kids were laughing, apparently, according to my daughter, but my gosh just hearing about the incident made my blood boil and I totally support the school for expelling the kid.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

In theory, but I am skeptical about how often it's enforced.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:21 pm In theory, but I am skeptical about how often it's enforced.
While I am also skeptical, not all parents know what bullying really is. It just seems that so often if there is an incident between two or more students that gets resolved by the students, the child who didn't fair out as well cries bullying.

My oldest got accused of bullying last year. As typical with 12 year old's, their school spat moved to text messages after everyone was separated at the school day's end. She defended herself via text and some of how she expressed herself was not very appropriate (which we dealt with), but it was not bullying.

By definition, in Ontario, bullying is:

"bullying" means the severe or repeated use by one or more pupils of a written, verbal, electronic or other form of expression, a physical act or gesture or any combination of them if it is directed at another pupil and if it has the effect of or is reasonably intended to have the effect of,

(a) causing physical or emotional harm to the other pupil or damage to the other pupil's property,

(b) placing the other pupil in reasonable fear of harm to himself or herself or damage to his or her property,

(c) creating a hostile environment at school for the other pupil,

(d) infringing on the legal rights of the other pupil at school, or

(e) materially and substantially disrupting the education process or the orderly operation of a school; ("intimidation")
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’m not happy with the way my dd’s School handles bullying. Fortunately, she graduated this year.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:52 am I’m not happy with the way my dd’s School handles bullying. Fortunately, she graduated this year.
I have a long way to go yet. We have a few friends that are teachers, school counselors and principals for VPs and we talk about this sometimes. I don't think any parent is ever very satisfied about a bullying outcome. In the earlier grades bullying is easy to stop and just as easy to deal with, but as they get older, it becomes much harder to deal with. There is probably a post per week on here about it, so it is an issue for sure.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Didn't know this group existed. wow..

My son has been bullied since moving to Florida (3rd grade) - he's going into 8th and although they talk the talk - (wear pink to pink out bullying!) and have dumbass rallies - they don't walk the walk. They don't give a shit and will blame the victim.
It sucks.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

jas wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:48 pm Didn't know this group existed. wow..

My son has been bullied since moving to Florida (3rd grade) - he's going into 8th and although they talk the talk - (wear pink to pink out bullying!) and have dumbass rallies - they don't walk the walk. They don't give a shit and will blame the victim.
It sucks.
I found this group also, but by just browsing through this site.

I hope things get better for your son.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:56 am
jas wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:48 pm Didn't know this group existed. wow..

It sucks.
I found this group also, but by just browsing through this site.

I hope things get better for your son.
Thanks, me too. As we get closer to the start of school, his anxiety and depression is rearing it's ugly head. We've already upped his meds. I really hope this year will be better.
Locked Previous topicNext topic