Do you agree with me?

RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I always do a pick up order at this certain restuarant. They had a cashier in the back who handled all to go orders and your food is usually bagged up and ready when you get there. I've never felt the need to tip for that however tonight I did the same to go order but this time they sat me at a booth and had a waitress come out with my food and bag it right there in front of me and then she handed me a check and used the famous line " I'll be back with your change" They tried really hard to make it feel like I was using the dine in services and made me feel like I owed her a tip and I did tip her but If I wanted to tip, I would've eaten at the restaurant or ordered delivery.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I always tip a few bucks on to-go. You should, too.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I always tip when I get pickup. My grandfather had a restaurant for decades, pickup orders can be just as much work for the staff as serving someone. They are still providing a service.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I am a huge tipper for most everything but I have never tipped for to go orders and they do not expect you too.

As for modern tipping etiquette, according to Peter Post and his institute, there is “no obligation” to tip on takeout
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Meh..A few bucks isn't going to make or break us so I always tip in situations like that.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I tip on to go’s, they still require someone to take the order, place the order, put the order together and bag it. Plus it also goes on their total sales for the night so they still have to claim a tip even if they aren’t.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't tip on to go orders.

I tip very generously when I dine in.
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:12 pm I always do a pick up order at this certain restuarant. They had a cashier in the back who handled all to go orders and your food is usually bagged up and ready when you get there. I've never felt the need to tip for that however tonight I did the same to go order but this time they sat me at a booth and had a waitress come out with my food and bag it right there in front of me and then she handed me a check and used the famous line " I'll be back with your change" They tried really hard to make it feel like I was using the dine in services and made me feel like I owed her a tip and I did tip her but If I wanted to tip, I would've eaten at the restaurant or ordered delivery.
I mean if a tipping is the difference between eating with styrofoam containers of food 30 minutes old or eating it at the table 30 seconds after cooked then I guess you are a cheap ass. Dh needs to up your allowance.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:24 pm I always tip a few bucks on to-go. You should, too.
I guess I have to now because they pretty much force it on you and I'm usually a huge tipper but some things I don't feel the need to.
Sportsmom
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Nope I wouldn’t have.
Living my perfect life 💕
Locked Previous topicNext topic