Did social media of any kind

Anonymous 1

Unread post

change your life in any way? I truly think that people that I know became more "lazy" with getting together. They can just see what people are doing on social media so they don't want to get together anymore. That's just one example. What about you?
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yeah, I could see that, I'm probably guilty of it myself. It's great for the ones who live far away. I can see my great niece grow up, which I wouldn't have the chance to do otherwise.. I got rid of all of my big social media accounts except for Insta and twitter. I don't really ever use twitter. I only keep them because I sometimes get to try things for free and they want me to post product reviews on there. I spent too much time of FB, so I deleted it.
honeyrder
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I "met" some of the people who are the most dear to me on social media.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I deleted my FB over 3 yrs ago. I secretly hoped that things would go back to the way they were with people that I knew when I was no longer on FB. Of course that was not the case.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:47 pm Yeah, I could see that, I'm probably guilty of it myself. It's great for the ones who live far away. I can see my great niece grow up, which I wouldn't have the chance to do otherwise.. I got rid of all of my big social media accounts except for Insta and twitter. I don't really ever use twitter. I only keep them because I sometimes get to try things for free and they want me to post product reviews on there. I spent too much time of FB, so I deleted it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I met some really nice people on groups on the internet...we had things in common and would "talk" daily. But the stuff we would talk about was heavy and I had to move on from it.
honeyrder wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:54 pm I "met" some of the people who are the most dear to me on social media.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I was able to have a meet-up with an old friend that I hadn't seen in 20 years because of FB. I saw his posts that he was in Vegas and so reached out and asked if I could drive up and we could have dinner or something. So I did and we did and it was so awesome talking face to face again after all that time. Something that I don't think would've ever happened without social media.

It can be a very good thing if used properly.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well that's how I found out about meetup.com and I've made friends there. But that's not about socializing online. One socializes irl with specific groups of people that share your interests. So I guess to some extent I use social media. But I'm old fashioned I want to see folks.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

That's awesome! Yes, at first FB was fun and catching up with so many people I lost touch with. But that fizzled out after awhile and people I didn't lose touch with were now becoming people I lost touch with IRL.
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:02 pm I was able to have a meet-up with an old friend that I hadn't seen in 20 years because of FB. I saw his posts that he was in Vegas and so reached out and asked if I could drive up and we could have dinner or something. So I did and we did and it was so awesome talking face to face again after all that time. Something that I don't think would've ever happened without social media.

It can be a very good thing if used properly.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It’s easier to plan things with out of town people through FB.
I don’t think we’re lazier about getting together, every one is busy, so FB makes it easier to keep in touch
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I hate one of my cousins now... but other than that- no lol.
Locked Previous topicNext topic