A second Indiana school counselor loses job over same S*x marriage

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree with you. I’ve been accused of “hatred” and “bigotry” simply for believing that homosexual acts are wrong, according to my religious beliefs. However, I don’t disrespect, demean or mistreat homosexuals, I don’t go out of my way to deny them basic rights, and I teach my children that they have to respect everyone, even if we believe that their actions are wrong. After all, a lot of people disagree with our beliefs and all we ask is basic respect as people and the right to live by those beliefs, since we’re hurting no one. We should have those same courtesies for others.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:47 am She wasn’t fired, her contract isn’t being renewed. The contracts have a clause that she’s technically already in breach of. She had a choice and knew exactly what she was agreeing to. Is it fair? No but it would be equally unfair to demand a religion to change their belief. Their beliefs are not infringing in her rights. They are not preventing her from loving who she loves or being married to who she loves. They are not forcing her to change what she believes. Forcing them to change their beliefs is infringing on their rights. You don’t have to like it, I really don’t, BUT remembering that others have rights too, no matter how much you disagree or dislike them, is the only way we will move towards tolerance and equality.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Mommabear2
Villein
Villein

Unread post

Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:52 am
Mommabear2 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:50 am
Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:35 am

Lol your analogy is funny here. The two are nothing alike. It's no anyones business who you love and what you do in your bedroom. Especially the Catholic church of all people. Those not F***ing children cast the first stone.
Well it is their business when you are employed by them.
You tell your employer about your S*x life?

Lol uh huh.
No I don't but I also don't work for an organization that I (and everyone else) knows has a strict belief in "one man, one woman" stance on marriage. She knew it and she chose to not adhere to it. That's her problem, not theirs.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

When it’s a religious establishment they have every right to expect their employees to behave to certain standards acording to their beliefs. It’s now up to the person to decide if they want to adhere to those standards or not. What they can’t do is expect the employer to make exceptions or change their standards to accommodate them.
Mommabear2 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:32 am
Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:49 am no, intolerance doesn't need to be tolerated.
Then don't send your children to a private Catholic school.

I am not Muslim so I would never enroll my children in their school and then demand they be able to eat pork everyday in their lunches. I personally feel that is disrespectful, just as being married to someone of the same S*x is to the Catholic church. They believe marriage is only between one man and one woman.
Lol your analogy is funny here. The two are nothing alike. It's no anyones business who you love and what you do in your bedroom. Especially the Catholic church of all people. Those not F***ing children cast the first stone.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m sure she didn’t talk to anyone about her S*x life. It’s her marriage what got her in trouble, not her S*x life.
I wouldn’t talk to an employer about my S*x life, but about the fact that I’m married, sure.
Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:52 am
Mommabear2 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:50 am

Well it is their business when you are employed by them.
You tell your employer about your S*x life?

Lol uh huh.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:34 am people pay for Private religious schools because they believe in what those schools teach. Jeez louise, its not enough for the left to have their grubby hands all over public school children they think they can force their way into private schools too? she can go work at a public school, ya'll wouldn't defend her if it were reversed and her religion clashed with the public school's standards.
Personally I have no dog in this fight. But one would think she's got a suit for discrimination based on sexual orientation. Also a case could be made that a remarried divorcee couldn't work at the school nor an adulterer or even someone that uses bc or lives with a lover- all things the Church forbids. So how many of those sort of folks are there?
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I concluded a long time ago, that many people tend to be more close minded than they realize. Some choose to live their lives with blinders on, ranting and raving about hatred and bigotry while they, themselves are guilty of doing the same. The whole “intolerant of intolerance” is a bs justification that promotes intolerance while allowing a false sense of superiority. It’s just as harmful as the whole concept of being “color blind” which also promotes a sense of false superiority. I don’t align with any religion. My beliefs are... not the norm as far as spiritual beliefs. I would not want someone to force me to conform to their beliefs therefore I’d never force someone to conform to mine. As long as someone isn’t trying to deny someone else their human rights, civil rights, and lastly constitutional rights, then the lines are not crossed.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:59 am I agree with you. I’ve been accused of “hatred” and “bigotry” simply for believing that homosexual acts are wrong, according to my religious beliefs. However, I don’t disrespect, demean or mistreat homosexuals, I don’t go out of my way to deny them basic rights, and I teach my children that they have to respect everyone, even if we believe that their actions are wrong. After all, a lot of people disagree with our beliefs and all we ask is basic respect as people and the right to live by those beliefs, since we’re hurting no one. We should have those same courtesies for others.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:47 am She wasn’t fired, her contract isn’t being renewed. The contracts have a clause that she’s technically already in breach of. She had a choice and knew exactly what she was agreeing to. Is it fair? No but it would be equally unfair to demand a religion to change their belief. Their beliefs are not infringing in her rights. They are not preventing her from loving who she loves or being married to who she loves. They are not forcing her to change what she believes. Forcing them to change their beliefs is infringing on their rights. You don’t have to like it, I really don’t, BUT remembering that others have rights too, no matter how much you disagree or dislike them, is the only way we will move towards tolerance and equality.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree with that 100%!
Quorra2.0 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:48 pm I concluded a long time ago, that many people tend to be more close minded than they realize. Some choose to live their lives with blinders on, ranting and raving about hatred and bigotry while they, themselves are guilty of doing the same. The whole “intolerant of intolerance” is a bs justification that promotes intolerance while allowing a false sense of superiority. It’s just as harmful as the whole concept of being “color blind” which also promotes a sense of false superiority. I don’t align with any religion. My beliefs are... not the norm as far as spiritual beliefs. I would not want someone to force me to conform to their beliefs therefore I’d never force someone to conform to mine. As long as someone isn’t trying to deny someone else their human rights, civil rights, and lastly constitutional rights, then the lines are not crossed.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:59 am I agree with you. I’ve been accused of “hatred” and “bigotry” simply for believing that homosexual acts are wrong, according to my religious beliefs. However, I don’t disrespect, demean or mistreat homosexuals, I don’t go out of my way to deny them basic rights, and I teach my children that they have to respect everyone, even if we believe that their actions are wrong. After all, a lot of people disagree with our beliefs and all we ask is basic respect as people and the right to live by those beliefs, since we’re hurting no one. We should have those same courtesies for others.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic