Is anyone else weird like this?

Deleted User 670

Unread post

I don't like it either. I don't want to live in a fishbowl. We have a lot of windows in our house and we have shear curtains to let in light but have privacy.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My MIL is that way, I tend to keep windows closed cause in the winter it lets in the cold and it heats the house up in the summer....my kids will also tell you I’m a cave dweller, but what do they know 😂
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

DH is weird about it sometimes, yes. Luckily in another month or two the forest and garden will be grown back enough that we could walk around naked in our yard and no one could see!

We’ve just had blinds in our bathroom, which meant either the whole window is blocked or people can see you naked. So yesterday I put some little 16 inch sheet white curtains over the bottom of the window. They’re thick enough to be private but sheer enough to let light in, plus the whole top part can stay open now, too. I’m going to just take the blinds down completely so he can’t keep closing them!
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We live in the country so I can have my windows open all I want and walk around naked if I choose to. I love light.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DH is like that a little bit. I open them during the day, he makes sure he closes them at night.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We don't have neighbors close enough to see in our home however SO will never open the curtain or blinds if I didn't start complaining. He is the person who will complain about the the sun warming up the house too much or the cold air coming in if the curtains are open so that would leave us with no natural light all year around if I let him have his way.
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I’m somewhere in the middle. Our house has a front living room then a great room off of the kitchen. We don’t use the front room much and I don’t open the curtains and blinds in there for privacy reasons. But do open the ones in the great room, the Arcadia door blinds, and kitchen. Upstairs all the bedroom windows have privacy screens, the loft does not have the privacy screens. Except for my bedroom all the blinds and curtains are open upstairs. I don’t open the ones in my bedroom because dh day sleeps since he works nights.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't like them closed because I like to have the natural light. So I usually keep them all open. In fact, I often change in my bedroom with the blinds open and we have even had S*x in the bedroom with the blinds open. I've looked from the street, and with the way the tree shades our bedroom window you really can't see in it unless you are really trying to. I don't think people walking down the street are really trying to, and people driving are going by too fast and the people in the homes across the street are too far away. I can't see in theirs so I'm pretty confident they can't see in mine.
And the biggest thing is I just don't care. If they see me changing or see me walking through the house topless, oh well. That's their problem. Their own eye bleach they'll have to find. LOL
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:25 am We don't have neighbors close enough to see in our home however SO will never open the curtain or blinds if I didn't start complaining. He is the person who will complain about the the sun warming up the house too much or the cold air coming in if the curtains are open so that would leave us with no natural light all year around if I let him have his way.
Luckily my DH is like me. We both hate feeling like we are living in a cave. And that's what blinds closed all the time feels like, living in a cave.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Yep, I'm like that too. I came home last week and DH had all the blinds open because he had someone over and I couldn't wait for them to leave so I could close all the blinds.
Locked Previous topicNext topic