Please respond anon, very sensitive topic

Anonymous 12

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:14 pm
Anonymous 12 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:06 pm
Smarties wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:48 am It's really sad to me how people have picked others apart in this post about how the removal of their ectopic pregnancy was an abortion. I really doubt these ladies didnt understand what was happening to them so I see no need to pound it in their faces that they had abortions.
Stating facts is not picking anyone apart. It is clear many here do not understand what an abortion is

No, that's not "clear" at all. I had a miscarriage. I *know* that's technically an abortion and I dont need anyone to "educate" me on that in a multiple page effort to prove themselves right. But when people ask me if I've ever had an abortion I understand that in general conversation they dont mean miscarriage and I tell them no.

People who've had ectopic pregnancies are surely very aware that they've ended those pregnancies.
If you are denying that it is an abortion and pretending like it isnt yes you do need to be educated. There is nothing wrong with the word abortion.

*general use of the word you
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 12 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:36 pm

Stating facts is not picking anyone apart. It is clear many here do not understand what an abortion is

No, that's not "clear" at all. I had a miscarriage. I *know* that's technically an abortion and I dont need anyone to "educate" me on that in a multiple page effort to prove themselves right. But when people ask me if I've ever had an abortion I understand that in general conversation they dont mean miscarriage and I tell them no.

People who've had ectopic pregnancies are surely very aware that they've ended those pregnancies.
If you are denying that it is an abortion and pretending like it isnt yes you do need to be educated. There is nothing wrong with the word abortion.

*general use of the word you

Good grief. People's need to be "right" outweighs their better sense sometimes I think.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:48 am It's really sad to me how people have picked others apart in this post about how the removal of their ectopic pregnancy was an abortion. I really doubt these ladies didnt understand what was happening to them so I see no need to pound it in their faces that they had abortions.

As I stated a few times, it’s a tactic to make people feel bad about themselves. It’s quite manipulative.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I've had 4 spontaneous abortions (aka miscarriages) but have never been in a position to have to consider having an abortion procedure, thankfully.
Locked Previous topicNext topic