I told SIL her child is no longer welcome in my home

Unread post

SIL has a 6 year old that is completely out of control. He hits people, throws things, kicks, breaks things, and all that kind of stuff.

He is special needs so I have let things slide but I am done now. This kid thought it would be funny to ruin DD's big art piece she has been working on. She is graduating soon and the school sets up a special "exhibit" for all the kids. The kids, parents, and other family fill it with things for the kids to remind them of their journey through school. It is a fun way to show off accomplishments and what the family and kids are proud of

She really wanted her own painting to be there, she started working on it as a freshman and has been working on it every year since and it is nearly finished. Well SILs kid thought it would be funny to run up and punch it. He didnt get all the way through but there is a huge crater right in the middle. DD cried when she saw it. There is no way way to fix it and she feels like her hard work has been ruined. I know we can just put something else in her spot but this was really important to her.

I told SIL that her and her kid needed to leave and he was not welcome back. He has been told many times not to punch or kick or be physical with things in my house. I am done.

SIL asked about the fathers day lunch this weekend and I told her she can come but not her kid. He is not invited. She left upset but I dont care.

She needs to learn to control her brat or keep him home
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Your poor daughter. I don't blame you! What a brat!
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
RedBottoms

Unread post

Is this your brother's wife or husband's sister or husband's brothers wife?

Either way just because you are related to someone by marriage or blood does not mean you are compatible in personality, morals, hobbies, interests, parenting, politics, religion etc. So you don't have to hang out with her or her children ever.

However families are units so if you one of them, you have to deal with all of them. Leaving out one child is not okay. Just don't invite any of them.

and this has been done before on these boards with minor details changed
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Your poor dd. Sil needs to address her child's behavior. Maybe therapy.
i want candy!

Unread post

BILs wife. I will continue to invite BIL, SIL, and the other kids. If they come okay, if not okay. I think BIL will still bring his kids if if she doesnt come. I am not going to leave out everyone because of one crappy kid
RedBottoms wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:00 am Is this your brother's wife or husband's sister or husband's brothers wife?

Either way just because you are related to someone by marriage or blood does not mean you are compatible in personality, morals, hobbies, interests, parenting, politics, religion etc. So you don't have to hang out with her or her children ever.

However families are units so if you one of them, you have to deal with all of them. Leaving out one child is not okay. Just don't invite any of them.

famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't blame you.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:04 am BILs wife. I will continue to invite BIL, SIL, and the other kids. If they come okay, if not okay. I think BIL will still bring his kids if if she doesnt come. I am not going to leave out everyone because of one crappy kid
RedBottoms wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:00 am Is this your brother's wife or husband's sister or husband's brothers wife?

If BIL was a man at all he would never come without his wife and other child that were not welcome. Our family is a package deal. If you host a family event and try to leave one of us out-none of us are coming
RedBottoms

Unread post

Also why are you making this all about SIL. BIL is just as responsible for the child's behavior and watching the child and wrangling the child etc

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:06 am Also why are you making this all about SIL. BIL is just as responsible for the child's behavior and watching the child and wrangling the child etc
BIL was not there.

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:06 am
Guest wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:04 am BILs wife. I will continue to invite BIL, SIL, and the other kids. If they come okay, if not okay. I think BIL will still bring his kids if if she doesnt come. I am not going to leave out everyone because of one crappy kid

If BIL was a man at all he would never come without his wife and other child that were not welcome. Our family is a package deal. If you host a family event and try to leave one of us out-none of us are coming
BIL wouldnt keep his kids away from their family because his wife cant control her kid.

I think he would be a far worse person and a horrible father if he told his kids they could not participate in the same things they have done all their lives with their family because of their SMs kid
Locked Previous topicNext topic