I'm having high anxiety

DDPickles86
Countess
Countess

So due to daylight savings time, and probably because she is sick my 19 month is currently sleeping. If she wakes up she will probably be up anywhere until 12 or 1am. If she stays asleep she will be up either @ 3am or 4am.

I am starting a new job tomorrow and I have to be up by 5:30am. I am super nervous, super anxious and I am not looking forward to my night tonight. My daughter has been waking up in the middle of the night and staying awake for an hour or more. I cosleep with her so anytime she cries, I automatically wake up.

Ever since she was born, I have been the one who does most of the nighttime stuff. If she stays up past 8pm I am the one who puts her to bed. Who gets up with her at night and gets up with her in the morning no matter what time it is.

I know I am going to sound like a brat but god damn it I wish DH would step up and sleep with her tonight so I can have a fresh day tomorrow. He isn't going to offer that though I already know. And I already know that if I ask him he will make some excuse and tell me that he can't because he is too tired. He needs his sleep.

Even when she was getting up multiple times a night, I was working full time just like him but most of the night it was on me. I finally god fed up and just started putting her in his bed so he HAD to get up and I would go back to sleep.

What is it with some men and their thinking that their sleep is more important than yours?
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

If you both are working, why can't you each take turns getting up with her at night? For example: Tonight is his turn to take care of her throughout the night. Tomorrow is your turn.
Deleted User 1039

Why would you “sound like a brat” for wanting your husband to take an active parenting role? That’s how it should be. He wouldn’t be doing you a favor, he’d be doing HIS JOB AS A PARENT.

Tell him you took your 19 months, now he can take his.
DDPickles86
Countess
Countess

SeekingPeace wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:58 pm If you both are working, why can't you each take turns getting up with her at night? For example: Tonight is his turn to take care of her throughout the night. Tomorrow is your turn.
He thinks because he works that exempts him from having to get up with her or stay up with her at night.

The only time he goes to bed past 8pm is if I'm not there because I was working and didn't get home until 9:30pm.
DDPickles86
Countess
Countess

SolidlyAverage wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:00 pm Why would you “sound like a brat” for wanting your husband to take an active parenting role? That’s how it should be. He wouldn’t be doing you a favor, he’d be doing HIS JOB AS A PARENT.

I can't force him to stay up. He says that he can't sleep in my room because of the dust and it causes him headaches.
Anonymous 1

DDPickles86 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:07 pm
SolidlyAverage wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:00 pm Why would you “sound like a brat” for wanting your husband to take an active parenting role? That’s how it should be. He wouldn’t be doing you a favor, he’d be doing HIS JOB AS A PARENT.

I can't force him to stay up. He says that he can't sleep in my room because of the dust and it causes him headaches.
Put the baby in his room.
Or you can be extremely loud and wake him up also each time the baby wakes you up
Anonymous 2

Until he can see what sleep deprivation is doing to you, I would have the baby, you, and him sleeping in the same bedroom. After a few nights of him not getting any rest, he may change his tune.
Anonymous 2

This.

Hell! I'd be banging spaghetti pot lids together every time I got up with the baby!

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:11 pm
DDPickles86 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:07 pm

Put the baby in his room.
Or you can be extremely loud and wake him up also each time the baby wakes you up
DDPickles86
Countess
Countess

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:13 pm Until he can see what sleep deprivation is doing to you, I would have the baby, you, and him sleeping in the same bedroom. After a few nights of him not getting any rest, he may change his tune.
He says its impossible for him to sleep in my room because there is too much dust and causes him to have a headache.
Anonymous 2

Have you taken your daughter to the pediatrician and told him/her that she wakes up nightly for an hour or so? What did he/she say about that? Is she getting enough to eat before she goes to bed???
Locked Previous topicNext topic