Texas girl, 17, stabs newborn to death minutes after giving birth, police say

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:39 am
Libbylu2 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:17 am Omg
That’s so sick.
Why is it that so many teens get pregnant and then kill their babies when there is always the opportunity to give the newborn to a hospital or a police station , two of the places that will help ? Are they mentally ill? What about their parents? No communication?
This just kills me....
So many people want to have children but can’t. And then this kind of thing happens.🙁
What does that have to do with this story at all? This is about a girl who was scared out of her mind and did something horrible. It has nothing to do with people who can't have children.
If this girl had been able to get an abortion early in her pregnancy without fear of religious retribution, then this incident would never have happened and this newborn would never have had to suffer like this.
Yes-the option of getting an abortion would be best.
But I’m just saying that this girl must be mentally disturbed. I bet the concept of an abortion didn’t even occur to her.
So she killed the baby.
No excuse for her to stabthe baby when someone could adopt it - someone who can’t have children!
Do you get it?
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:17 am I believe safe haven laws are all over the country, not just NY.
Billie.jeens wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:15 am If only she lived in NY.
I think so.
I thought everyone knew . I think this girl is mentally disabled though and wouldn’t know.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:52 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:32 am
That’s so sick.
Why is it that so many teens get pregnant and then kill their babies when there is always the opportunity to give the newborn to a hospital or a police station , two of the places that will help ? Are they mentally ill? What about their parents? No communication?
This just kills me....
So many people want to have children but can’t. And then this kind of thing happens.🙁
Because they're in states where it is difficult to get an abortion and where parental notification and consent laws exist. They can't get an abortion easily and they're afraid to tell their parents.
They can also go drop their baby off at a police station, hospital or fire station. There is no reason to kill the baby. None at all. Don't blame abortion laws for a sick person killing a living breathing child. There are options.
I agree. This isn’t a political issue about abortion. Nothing excuses stabbing that baby to death and I feel awful for the 13 year old who found the body. That was cold blooded murder that was 100% avoidable. Abortion has nothing to do with it and I am pro choice.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:02 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:39 am
That’s so sick.
This just kills me....
What does that have to do with this story at all? This is about a girl who was scared out of her mind and did something horrible. It has nothing to do with people who can't have children.
If this girl had been able to get an abortion early in her pregnancy without fear of religious retribution, then this incident would never have happened and this newborn would never have had to suffer like this.
Yes-the option of getting an abortion would be best.
But I’m just saying that this girl must be mentally disturbed. I bet the concept of an abortion didn’t even occur to her.
So she killed the baby.
No excuse for her to stabthe baby when someone could adopt it - someone who can’t have children!
Do you get it?
I agree. She should have given the baby up for adoption because there are a lot of good families out there. Her access to abortion is irrelevant. Especially since we don’t know the whole story.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:59 am
Pjmm wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:47 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:39 am

Yes, that is true. But I'm guessing this pregnancy was unwanted from the start. She should have had access to an abortion.
Idk what she had access to. I only know Florida requires parental notification. Idk if the parents are able to prevent the abortion but they have to be notified. And the girl can go before a judge if she feels the notification will harm her. Even if the girl has access to an abortion the parent would know if it's through health insurance. I certainly would know because I have a deductible. What I wonder is where are the parents? I know my boys used to wear hoodies in warm weather and I asked them why. I looked at them. I wanted to be sure they weren't cutting or hiding something. If I had a dd and she was always in big shirts I'd ask questions...
There are only 20 abortion clinics in the entire state of Texas. There were more than 40 in the state before that law in 2013 went into effect requiring all clinics to the same standard as outpatient surgery centers and for the providers to have privileges at nearby hospitals. She lives in El Paso and it looks like there are just 2 clinics in that city. Medical and surgical abortions in 1st trimester up to 10 weeks is $490/$530. That's a lot of money for a teen to come up with. I doubt if her insurance would cover elective abortions, most insurance companies do not and have not for a while now thanks to the GOP and the pro-fetus assholes in Congress.
Look I don't disagree with you. Nevertheless she still could have left the baby at a hospital or fire station. She could have left it outside the hospital to be found if she was afraid to talk to anyone. Idk if schools discuss safe haven laws as part of S*x ed but maybe they should. If parental notification exists at least these girls have another out. We don't know if she'd gone for an abortion even if she had the option. It's no easy thing to go alone when you're 17.. and I assume she felt alone. Seems she didn't seek help from school, pastor or family. Hell ods didn't get his license until he was close to 18. She also could have been deep in denial until labor. Some people are. I think girls need access to abortion but still they may not use it anymore than they seem to use safe haven laws.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

There has to be confidential someone that a pregnant teen can go to for support and guidance. Unfortunately, I can't think of who that person is. School counselors must inform parent(s) if a student tells them they're pregnant. Dr. confidentiality varies by state. I am horrified that this young woman murdered her newborn but also horrified that she delivered alone in her bathroom.

Yes she should have dropped off the baby at a safe haven but how does a 17 year old do that after giving birth without notifying an adult?
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

More BS from BJ. The idea that people just kill full term babies all the time is nonsense.
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

that is a lie
Billie.jeens wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:18 am Yes, but in NY you can kill newborns.
hotspice58 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:17 am I believe safe haven laws are all over the country, not just NY.
Billie.jeens wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:15 am If only she lived in NY.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

there are safe haven laws, people still kill their babies.
people in the most liberal states with abortion available until birth (as if that is morally better?) still kill their babies.

stop making excuses, she's an evil POS who needs to be executed, preferably with the same sentence she bestowed upon a innocent newborn.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:02 pm There has to be confidential someone that a pregnant teen can go to for support and guidance. Unfortunately, I can't think of who that person is. School counselors must inform parent(s) if a student tells them they're pregnant. Dr. confidentiality varies by state. I am horrified that this young woman murdered her newborn but also horrified that she delivered alone in her bathroom.

Yes she should have dropped off the baby at a safe haven but how does a 17 year old do that after giving birth without notifying an adult?
I get what you’re saying but she is old enough to know cold blooded murder is wrong. Mississippi has a really high teen pregnancy rate. It may not have been a glamours solution but a lot of girls left babies without brutally murdering them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic