If you owe taxes

Anonymous 1

Unread post

How long did it take for your taxes to be approved? I e-filed using the Credit Karma tax software this year exactly 21 days ago. It said I owe 350 and I put in my bank account info with the payment scheduled for April 1 because it let you pick the day.

My status still says "accepted" but not "approved" which makes me nervous. The IRS website says to call if after 21 days your return has not been accepted, but I'm not getting a refund since I owe. Is this normal?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

When you get money back it’s a refund. Not a return. The return is what you file. Couldn’t hurt to call
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:27 pm When you get money back it’s a refund. Not a return. The return is what you file. Couldn’t hurt to call

I'm not getting a refund. I may call, but my point is they only specify that 21 day window for people who are expecting refunds. I can't find instructions for people who are not and the refund status checker obviously only works for people getting refunds.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It won't say approved until the payment goes through
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:52 pm It won't say approved until the payment goes through

Ah, thanks!! I sorta wish I just made the payment date the day I filed then so I wouldnt have it hanging over my head now. I'll know better for next year. Thank you.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Bump for the night crowd.
Locked Previous topicNext topic