Florida school bus aide yanks MAGA hat off student's head

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

According to Gunnar Johansson, 14, students were allowed to wear a hat to school this week if they made a donation to March of Dimes.

He decided to wear a Make America Great Again hat in support of President Donald Trump and “to show my pride in Trump America,” Johansson said.

Within seconds of boarding a bus to Hidden Oaks Middle School, a bus aide told him to remove the hat and put it in his backpack..

“Boy, if you don’t that hat off this bus… take it off,” an unidentified bus aide said, according to surveillance video.

https://www.wptv.com/news/national-poli ... ideo-shows
KAG
Mean Girl
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

She was wrong to do that if the story being told is true. But I'll wait for that bus video because these days I don't trust anyone on social media.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:22 pm She was wrong to do that if the story being told is true. But I'll wait for that bus video because these days I don't trust anyone on social media.
It’s in the link. With audio.
KAG
Mean Girl
HanSolo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Ridiculous.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

morgan wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:37 pm
Pjmm wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:22 pm She was wrong to do that if the story being told is true. But I'll wait for that bus video because these days I don't trust anyone on social media.
It’s in the link. With audio.
I just read the article. The aide was wrong. I don't like the damned hat but there's nothing wrong with the slogan. The only reason I can think of is that the hat is controversial and maybe she feared a fight would break out between students. Perhaps trouble Was brewing. I'd still like to see the final bus video before I pass judgment. And the school said they aren't releasing that yet.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It’s rude to invade someone’s personal space and grab a hat. and it appears that people are lacking in self control nowadays.
However...
I know it must be difficult to see a MAGA hat and not want to grab it and shred it but you just have to resist the impulse and count to 10!
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:54 pm It’s rude to invade someone’s personal space and grab a hat. and it appears that people are lacking in self control nowadays.
However...
I know it must be difficult to see a MAGA hat and not want to grab it and shred it but you just have to resist the impulse and count to 10!
NO ONE has any right to put a hand on a child no matter what he is wearing. I can't believe a hat can make so many people crazy. So crazy that Jussie lost his career for making up a story about MAGA!

TDS!
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

They publish the 14-year old kid's photo and his name but do not mention the woman's name (the one who pulled the hat off)
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:07 pm
Libbylu2 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:54 pm It’s rude to invade someone’s personal space and grab a hat. and it appears that people are lacking in self control nowadays.
However...
NO ONE has any right to put a hand on a child no matter what he is wearing. I can't believe a hat can make so many people crazy. So crazy that Jussie lost his career for making up a story about MAGA!

TDS!
Yep.
But , I think it’s what the MAGA hat represents that makes people angry and misbehave.
But they need to keep their feelings to themselves.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Wow the tolerant left 🙄
Locked Previous topicNext topic