Florida school bus aide yanks MAGA hat off student's head

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:44 pm Wow the tolerant left 🙄
And I can say the same about “ the right “.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:54 pm
https://www.wnky.com/man-accused-of-pul ... maga-hats/

https://www.foxnews.com/us/woman-assaul ... the-victim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed8yxTFhq-A
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The left are the ones that say they are tolerant of everyone. And what they mean is they are tolerant if you think like they do.
Crimson417
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

We have spirit days at my kid's schools that allow hats to be worn but they still aren't allowed to wear them on the bus. They must be left in back packs until they are in the actual school. If it's true the driver snatched it off the kid's head that's not right but I see no problem with it being confiscated if they have a similar rule.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:02 am
The left are the ones that say they are tolerant of everyone. And what they mean is they are tolerant if you think like they do.
That’s an accurate description of the Right.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:43 am

That’s an accurate description of the Right.
IMO it’s an accurate description of both. Using the “well they do it too or first” isn’t a valid argument. It doesn’t make one side more evolved than the other. It makes them exactly the same and keeps society on the same cycle of intolerance. And one must remember that having an opposing opinion doesn’t equal intolerance. Life would have absolutely no value and no meaning if we all agreed on everything, all thought as a collective, were all alike singing Kumbaya. One of our greatest basic human rights is free thought. Since the dawning of time, humankind has used labels to identify and understand things. But we need to start looking at individuals and not treat people as a collective. At some point, people have to say they want off the merry go round, and simply treat others with the same courtesy we each would want to be given. You want people to really listen to your opinion? To consider what you say? Don’t be dismissive of theirs as theirs is oftentimes just as valid to them as yours are to you.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

“Boy, if you don’t that hat off this bus… take it off,”

^^^^ 😂😂😂😂😂😂 This was when we knew the bus driver was not playing with us.
God forgive me because she is wrong as all hell but that was funny to me.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Honestly, if I had to “generalize” the bus aide.....

She probably doesn’t like Trump because he is racist against Black people and handled it completely wrong.

I doubt she considers herself a “tolerant left” or cares about stuff like that. Most of us don’t. So I don’t think the left or liberals should take jabs for her behavior.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:54 pm It’s rude to invade someone’s personal space and grab a hat. and it appears that people are lacking in self control nowadays.
However...
I know it must be difficult to see a MAGA hat and not want to grab it and shred it but you just have to resist the impulse and count to 10!
There was no excuse to put her hands on the child and his parent are handling this a lot better than most would.

She was dead wrong.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

How are you sure the aide is on the left? I'm beginning to wonder if "the left" or "liberals" are code for something else.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic