Trump Is Autographing Bibles Now So That's a Wrap on Humanity, Right?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:48 am
Libbylu2 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:40 am Read this :
https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5c82 ... 281e76/amp
From your article:
The Smithsonian’s curator of religion, Peter Manseau, told The Washington Post that past presidents have also signed Bibles, including George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan.

“If this was an organized effort where the president was giving out stacks of signed Bibles, that would strike me as odd,” Manseau said. “But from what I can tell, the event wasn’t outside the norm. Presidents seem to sign a lot of random things put in front of them.”
Other presidents signed works of fiction that self-declared atheists get worked up about. In other news, it's Saturday.
KAG
Mean Girl
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:26 am
Billie.jeens wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:16 am
Lexy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:03 am

She still won't get it.
😡.
You don’t get it. She doesn’t either.
He is always blameless according to you conservative drones.
Having Trump sign a Bible is outrageous. I’d expect to see each Bible catch fire and explode after he signed it 🙁
Do you believe that God can set the bible on fire then? Or the devil? Or a witch?
KAG
Mean Girl
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

For the record, I own a bible that came from my great grandmother. It's full of writing. Births and deaths and even scribbles that I can't decipher that I've always assumed were signatures of some kind. It's bursting full of old notes and obituary cards. It's history. I do not write in it. But I have my own "bible" that I write in constantly. Births, deaths, prayers, recipes, weather, dreams, how my plants do and produce from year to year, etc. Call it my Almanac, or even a Grimoire.

My point is, just because you don't think the bible should be written in, doesn't mean others believe the same. And anyway if you're not a Christian and you don't believe in the bible, why should it matter to you?
KAG
Mean Girl
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:31 pm
jas wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:18 pm
Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:22 pm Isn't this sacrilegious?
No. I write in mine all the time. The book itself isn't specially ordained. Only the words in it. Besides, teachers and clergy write little notes in them when they give them out. What's the difference?
The difference is that you aren't signing it like you wrote it yourself.

Trump is not the author of the Bible. No, Trump is not God.
God wrote the bible?
KAG
Mean Girl
Deleted User 473

Unread post

morgan wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:22 pm
jas wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:18 pm

No. I write in mine all the time. The book itself isn't specially ordained. Only the words in it. Besides, teachers and clergy write little notes in them when they give them out. What's the difference?

God wrote the bible?
According to Christians, yes
Deleted User 473

Unread post

morgan wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:59 pm
Libbylu2 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:40 am
Mommy_jules wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:17 am

Maybe that has to do with the fact they are laying to rest 23 people in their community...3 of which were children. Their community was just destroyed by an EF-4 tornado, but yeah, sure let's make fun of people who have lost everything because they had Trump sign damn Bible, because that's important thing here.
But TRUMP signing Bibles?
TRUMP?
Bwahahaha
I’m making fun of HIM because he’s too gross snd dishonest and immoral to take seriously holding and signing Bibles!
According to you, the bible is a work of fiction so what does it matter if he signs the bible or he signs copy of Moby Dick?
Something with "dick" it the title would most certainly be more appropriate for Trump.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:39 pm

God wrote the bible?
The Christians who asked him to sign their bibles?
KAG
Mean Girl
Deleted User 473

Unread post

morgan wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:43 pm

God wrote the bible?

Those people can't be real Christians. God fearing believers in Christ would never let a whore F***ing, p**sy grabbing, racist liar etc sign their holy book.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:49 pm

Those people can't be real Christians. God fearing believers in Christ would never let a whore F***ing, p**sy grabbing, racist liar etc sign their holy book.
Now you get to decide who are "real" Christians and who aren't?

Are you a Christian?
KAG
Mean Girl
Deleted User 473

Unread post

morgan wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:51 pm
Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:49 pm

Now you get to decide who are "real" Christians and who aren't?

Are you a Christian?
Are you under the impression that Christians believe in adultry with whores, paying off whores, racism, physical assult and such?

My religion or lack thereof is none of your business.
Locked Previous topicNext topic